New AD410 Doorbell!

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
GaryOkie

Re: New AD410 Doorbell!

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for this update. This Amazon listing was just added April 1 with "unavailable - we don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.". Ha, good fools joke Amcrest.

It is really weird that Amcrest marketing jumped the gun (or shark) back in February listing this product on their website and now show it for sale with a link to Amazon with no actual product to sell.

Anyway, it is good to see that the listing confirms RTSP support. The AD410 also includes PIR motion sensing support which was not listed before. It's also $65 more expensive that the AD110.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

I wonder if this is the doorbell the 110 was intended to be? Like maybe they made this one better and rushed the other out to capture market share as fast as possible. Its price ~$50.00 more and its 4 mega pixels and other stuff.

Anyway, I'll wait to see some real reviews of it before considering an upgrade.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't understand an almost 5mp being called a 2k where my 3mp or almost 3 at 2.986 941 is listed as a 2k camera.. I mean I know some people have said that 4k is 8 so 4mp should be 2k who comes up with these numbers and why would a camera with almost 2mp more be called 2k to one that has been on the market for years? interesting..

Right now there is crazy beans on the AD110 people that call it the best, I agree it has much better things to offer then many others on the market.. If the PIR in the 410 isn't any better then 110 I think the 110 will hold the best title even after the new one is released.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Amcrest is incorrectly listing this as a 4MP camera. A 2560x1920 resolution is 4.9152 million pixels and should be regarded as 5MP. It is correctly listed as a 2K (1920p vertical res) camera, double that of the AD110.

What is interesting though is that this works out to a 4:3 aspect ratio (same as Nest Hello), not 16x9 that the AD110 has. This should be helpful in seeing more of taller visitors at the door and maybe packages below. That's quite important and not mentioned at all by Amcrest specs.

It's also interesting that this doorbell camera has a significantly wider field of view (164dg vs 102dg). So it's cramming a wider field of view into a narrower 4:3 aspect ratio. Huh, I hope the fisheye effect will be tolerable.

@tgfarrell Amcrest doesn't make their doorbells/cameras. They are OEM'd from Dahua. Amcrest makes some changes to the case and modifies the firmware. The AD110 is based on the Dahua DB11. Dahua is also selling their AD410 equivalent under the Lorex brand which they own now. It has been available on Amazon since early Feb. It's taking Amcrest this long to get their firmware changes debugged, I guess.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting reading

https://amcrest.com/articles/2018/03/th ... y-cameras/

They say the 2k is
2304 x 1296 = 2K Ultra HD resolution

and that is the resolution of my Amcrest 2k camera so that is why I am confused..

Thanks for the info
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

Shame there’s no PIR on this one. With the exception of the dual band / 5ghz WiFi feature, the AD410 specs don’t put it very far ahead of the other 2K, existing-wire-powerd, RTSP capable doorbell cams to hit Amazon recently. I passed up a lightning deal on one for $49 to save myself from any more tinkering, but I’m deadly curious how they compare at such low prices.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I was going to update you that the April 1 AD410 information stated it had a PIR sensor, whereas the original info posted back in February did not. I just looked again at the Amazon listing and the Amcrest SmartHome section on the AD410 and was surprised to see all mention of a PIR was REMOVED!

Ha, I wonder if someone from Amcrest was reading this thread and saw us mention the AD410 now has a PIR and "oh, oh, we better fix that".

The AD410 also has H265 encoding as an option, not just H264. That can save bandwidth. It also has a wider field of view with a narrower 4:3 aspect ratio. Something new I hadn't seen before is that it states the AD410 supports ONVIF. That's good news, if it works.

detailed specs (as of today):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQI9X ... q3_lN/view
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

@GaryOkie Never thought they made the doorbells, I do think they rushed one from their source while the better one was still being developed.

I'm sure they read this or someone does and forwards it on to someone in marketing.
cmassey84

Post by cmassey84 »

I've been watching the Amazon listing daily for a couple weeks now and noticed that it just came back in stock:

Amcrest 4MP Video Doorbell Camera Pro, Outdoor Smart Home 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wireless WiFi Doorbell Camera, Micro SD Card, Motion Detector, IP65 Weatherproof, 2-Way Audio, 164º Wide-Angle Wi-Fi AD410 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091KMT9GB/re ... UTF8&psc=1

I went ahead and ordered one to replace my AD110. Hoping it'll be a worthy upgrade.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks for the heads up. We would sure appreciate a review here, as there are no reviews on Amazon yet. That's because the 410 was never available before now on Amazon. "out of stock" was misleading, as it implies that it had been sold out.

So it's good to hear that Amcrest has worked out whatever the issue was with the very premature AD410 listing. Firmware issues? Chip shortages? Stuck in the Suez canal? LOL, whatever - thanks for keeping us updated.