New AD410 Doorbell!

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New AD410 Doorbell!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the info.. Good to see the info on web has no relation to Compression types and Resolution types as this data shows both 265 and 264 for all resolutions as I had expected however the wording of the Data Sheet wasn't 100% understandable from the way typed..

So not sure if you used this command or a different one for that. However if you run this(Thanks to GaryOkie) http://(Ip-address)/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All

Could you run that and using notepad to open it and use the edit, find DeviceType and report back what it comes back as? Oddly the AD110 comes back off the IPC-HF3300 format that is normally a 3mp Box camera.. So I am interested in seeing what the AD410 is based off of.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

Code: Select all

"DeviceType" : "IPC-HF3300",
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

One oddity I found while browsing the config backup file. Any ideas?

Code: Select all

"CloudUpgradeServer" : {
      "Address" : "dus.Q-SeePlus.com",
      "Port" : 16759
Based on internet searches, Q-See was an inexpensive cloud-based camera company which has recently gone out of business.

Edit: I believe I have been able to partially answer my own question. Take a look at this https://youtu.be/hdGxiAiG36E for the Q-See mobile interface. Look familiar?

Unsure if the CloudUpgradeServer address is an orphaned leftover from some codesharing or if Amcrest is now managing it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would have to dig out my older Files to see how long that has been going on. But from what I see on the AD110 it also has the same Upgrade Server address..

So I wouldn't be alarmed. To be honest there are many different things in the line of Amcrest devices where they share some type of hardware or software from other companies.. Now I am not sure what is going to happen now that Q-See is no longer a Dahua product supply company, They moved off to UniView after the block of the GOV'T CCTV from China companies however they have since gone out of business in 2021 from what I have heard SO that Cloud server I am sure will retire and be changed in some upgrade in the future.. The other shared in the cameras off the top of my Head is Lorex.. However as of 2019 Lorex a part of Flir and or the other way I can't remember anymore is fully owned by Dahua no longer just a USA OEM company but Owned by Dahua.. So I don't see that leaving the part of the Amcrest lineup of hardware or software shared...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Missed your first post as I only seen the second.. Well that must be just a Base line of hardware and now I will need to buy a AD410 to do some more looking and see what is different within the Backup files and see if it really shares the same hardware or if maybe the HF3300 is not just a place holder for something that has no use..

Oddly the AD110 is a 2mp camera and the 410 is 4mp and yet both come back from same format? Then with the Human detection added I thought for sure it would have come back from a different type Box camera format.. Like maybe a N45BA5 seeing it has Smart and is on the EOL for Dahua would have been a great camera to make the AD410 from...
Be Safe
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:24 pm maybe the HF3300 is not just a place holder for something that has no use..
That’s my guess. There seems to be no small number of orphaned, unused entries in the config files of most Amcrest cameras.
trimanscott

Post by trimanscott »

Hey There - I bought the Lorex doorbell - B451AJD-E - and have been racking my head about getting it setup through to my Synology Nas. I cant seem to digest the info below - have any additional help you could provide?
michaellm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 pm I found ports 554, 5000, 8086 and 35000 open on the B451AJD-E. 554 is RTSP. 35000 is configuration ( https://dahuawiki.com/FAQ/P2P_Troublesh ... t_TCP_Port ).

I streamed from it to VLC and to Blue Iris using RTSP port 554. I could not connect to the speaker of the B451AJD-E from the Blue Iris phone app.

I accessed it with the SmartPSS desktop application using port 35000. I have used port 37777 with Amcrest and Dahua. Many settings not available in the Lorex Home app were there. I also used iDMSS Plus and DMSS on my phone to access the doorbell. The B451AJD-E became flaky, though, about talking from my phone through its speaker with iDMSS Plus and DMSS. I could not add the B451AJD-E to Amcrest ViewPro using port 35000.

I do not know what ports 5000 and 8086 are although I gather from some Lorex documents that 5000 is for remote viewing.

I could not find a web interface to the B451AJD-E.

I like it overall, but I expect the AD410 implementation to be better. I expect Amcrest's version to work with the Amcrest phone apps, and I hope that the Amcrest apps and Blue Iris will be able to access the AD410's speaker.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Digiblur has a comprehensive review of the AD410 on youtube. (He has done one for the AD110 as well so has good experience with both).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6U8Tf1WOzU

Of interest to note - he turns off general motion detection in the SH app and is relying solely on the doorbell's human detection AI which doesn't require a cloud connection to function. Since this model lacks a PIR, this is the best way to avoid SmartHome false alarms (unless you use 3rd party AI software).

He also refers to the nice integration of this doorbell (and the AD110) with HomeAssistant using the amcrest2mqtt app which exposes ALL events (including doorbell presses) to HA.

https://github.com/dchesterton/amcrest2mqtt
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

GaryOkie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:20 am Of interest to note - he turns off general motion detection in the SH app and is relying solely on the doorbell's human detection AI which doesn't require a cloud connection to function. Since this model lacks a PIR, this is the best way to avoid SmartHome false alarms (unless you use 3rd party AI software).
I can confirm that this configuration works well. All motion events are recorded, but I’m only actively notified of “human” detection. IDs very quickly and so far not a single miss or false positive that I’ve noticed.

FYI, I’ve not experienced the slow load issues compared to the AD110 that he noted - mine is either the same or slightly faster. I also do not experience the partial file downloads that he noted, so I’m guessing he has some networking issue.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

Trying to recommend this doorbell to others but it’s a difficult sell when it is listed on Amazon as “currently unavailable” and “We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.” :(