ADT110 Doorbell Camera - adding an image to the Motion Detected notification

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
jpage4500

ADT110 Doorbell Camera - adding an image to the Motion Detected notification

Post by jpage4500 »

Hi,

Just installed my doorbell camera and am liking it so far!

The only thing in my wishlist right now would be getting an image in the motion detected notification. Right now its just text (see attached). To see who/what it is you have to:
- click on the notification
- unlock your phone
- the app opens to the clip, but you then have to manually hit the play button for the video to start buffering

I also have Blink XT2 cameras and the notification you get from these have an image in the notification. Typically that's enough to know if it's my wife walking the dog or the FedEx guy and no need to even view the full clip.

2nd on the wishlist would be to just auto-play the clip if I click on a notification
Attachments
20201201-4.png
20201201-4.png (3.32 MiB) Viewed 1920 times
Danual

Re: ADT110 Doorbell Camera - adding an image to the Motion Detected notification

Post by Danual »

Ooooo second that 👍🏼
amcrest168

Re: ADT110 Doorbell Camera - adding an image to the Motion Detected notification

Post by amcrest168 »

great idea.
tgfarrell

Post by tgfarrell »

I wish the app would popup immediately in live view when the doorbell is rung. Takes so long to pull it up and see the view that most folks walk away before I can get to the door.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Android users may want to check out using Tasker to accomplish this. I have it working to recognize the SmartHome notification messages and automatically launch the SH app. However, if the phone screen is locked, it has to be unlocked first. (The "AutoInput" Tasker plugin could be used to auto-unlock it with a PIN, but I haven't tried that).

I also have Home Assistant connected to the AD110 via RTSP and recording snapshots and video independently. It can send push notifications to our phones (Apple & Android) which include the snapshot and/or recorded MP4 video. There is a bit of a lag with this method - around 30 seconds.

In addition, Home Assistant can cast the AD110 live video to local Google display devices either by voice command or automatically when motion detected.
Danual

Post by Danual »

For now Ive got a snapshot sent via home assistant, works great
Danual

Post by Danual »

So the latest app update has added this feature, but like most of the snapshots images in the app menus it sends just an amcrest placeholder image......ahhhhhhhhhh, did a full reset of device and reconnect, still the same. I’m on iOS, anyone else got it working
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

On Android, the SmartHome app "Push Notification Thumbnail" option doesn't do anything different for me. I don't see an image thumbnail in either the notification or in the microSD recordings list.

Like you, I'm using Home Assistant to send snapshots to my Android phone (and wife's iPhone). I'm using Telegram for the push notification. I've also added a video URL link to the snapshot that plays back a 20sec recording saved on my HA server. I could instead send the MP4 recording directly in the notification.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know I have tried it with the thing toggled on and off and thought on the one I was doing the test with maybe it was caused by not having a SD in it so I added one and format and I can watch clips and all but it just don't give any image on the Event page or in the status of the camera.. So I tried it by adding it to a Group with my other Doorbell and I did a Factory Reset and still get the same results.. SO don't know what the Image thing is setup for maybe pushing a image into the cloud it is strange...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
RebelRedbird

Post by RebelRedbird »

Wanted to check in on this thread regarding the thumbnails. My doorbell has an option to add thumbnails to event notifications, and I have that turned on, but I’m still getting the placeholder card.

I have read around a bit and it sounds like it might be a firmware issue, but just wanted to see if anyone had run into this and has a solution? Thanks!