Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
tigars

Re: Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

Post by tigars »

GaryOkie wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:10 pm You don't want to see her? Afraid to ask who that might be. :D

If you are willing to try the API command that should turn off the timestamp, just let me know, and I'll provide it - with no guarantees.
Yes Send the API Command , thank you for your time
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

ok, here it is...

<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.EncodeBlend=false

You might also need to set:
<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoWidget[0].TimeTitle.PreviewBlend=false

We've had a number of successes changing AD110 configurations using the API. I've even seen email from Amcrest Support asking users to try specific API commands.

Still, keep in mind there is a risk that the firmware doesn't properly handle this and could lock up requiring a reset - or worse. Please let us know if this worked.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well for me it works only in Full screen mode on my NVR.. In the 9ch or any other channel settings on my NVR it shows the time. I have my NVR set to time off and I normally let all my Cameras Display their time in the system.. Now I am going to Reboot and see what happens.. In the App it shows the Time in display

So after the Reboot and yes it just did a Reboot 54 min ago for me however after a Manual Reboot the time is back in full screen..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

OK, so the command(s) may have to be repeated after a reboot, but at least we know they are safe to use and have some affect in some modes. This also opens up the possibility to change the position or color of the timestamp, not just turn it off.

Did you also disable "PreviewBlend"?

It would be good to test the results with SmartHome live view or VLC, not just the NVR.

I also found a related, but undocumented "VideoInWidget" command that also should be tested...

<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInWidget[0].TimeTitle.EncodeBlend=false

And also try this...
<doorbell_ip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInWidget[0].TimeTitle.PreviewBlend=false
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I ran both commands and both gave a ok result.. However in the Preview under normal screen size only in large view it didn't show the time.. This came back after reboot as it then would display in both large and small screen however in the Smart Home app it showed the time and day in both tall and wide modes...
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just ran the last one in your last post and While I did get an OK nothing changed in the view for large or small preview windows and in large full screen was also still with time and date...
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@Revo2Maxx - I conducted further tests and had this comprehensive reply typed up but this decrepit forum ate it after a submit and now it is lost. Incredibly frustrating, and not the first time this has happened.

Do you happen to have a spare AD110 that you have been testing with that Amcrest provided? I am still very cautious of configuring the doorbell via the API using 3 year old documentation.

I found that the VideoWidget EncodeBlend command works perfectly to remove the timer via local RTSP streams (VLC, Home Assistant, and Blue Iris). But the timestamp is frozen on the SmartHome app live view and my Dahua NVR view. I can understand why the SH app, being cloud dependent, would have a problem, but not the NVR.

If you are willing to try it, there is an intriguing undocumented doorbell-specific "time" command. It just might control turning off the timestamp and/or change the format. It currently is set to Time=3, and can be confirmed via:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=ExternalDoorBell.Time

To change this to some other value, like 0, you could try:
<ip_addr>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&ExternalDoorBell.Time=0

Oh, BTW - I also found that I could use the VideoWidget command to change the color and position of the timestamp. I even tried to position it "out of bounds" to hide it, but that didn't work.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Sheesh, can't edit post after only a few minutes? Nuts.

If the above setConfig produces an unrecognized command error, it might need to be ExternalDoorbell[0].Time instead.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly not an extra for testing but one I test with.. Not sure if it is related as I have had issues in the past but after my reboot after the commands ran my system needed to be reset to factory again.. However it could be just an non related issue seeing I have had Color issues in the past with the camera.. While I did before this run the 2 commands you first set out to try I am not sure I want to do much more at this point seeing it has been over a month since I have had a GREEN Machine... I had to do Factory Reset 2 times to get it to go back to normal color.. Again thought it was password Related so I even changed it again to different format then ones I use for most my cameras.. I say format because not all are same PW what a pain when setting up my NVR lol...
Be Safe
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

I had no problems at all with my doorbell running these commands repeatedly. They were even retained after a reboot. I have repositioned my timestamp in the upper left corner and changed the color to yellow and it works across all devices and SmartHome. Nice.

I'm not planning on testing the ExternalDoorbell.Time command. Maybe @tigars will?

Have you heard of anyone else's doorbell repeatedly going green requiring a factory reset? I doubt it has anything to do with the API config changes, which don't require a reboot. I only rebooted to be sure the changes were retained. Sounds more like something flaky in your doorbell.

Maybe get Amcrest to send you a new one, and then you can use your old one as a test unit to play API games with!