Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
jordanaroth

Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

Post by jordanaroth »

Hi, I'm trying to disable the overlay on the AD110 Doorbell. All the other Amcrest IP cameras seem to have a web interface to do this, but the doorbell camera does not. Can't find it in the app settings either.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Disable AD110 Doorbell Overlay

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Overlay?

Also if you have not already I would like to send words of Caution your way... Your going to want to make changes to your Doorbell camera in the Smart Home app only right now until they make a change somehow that will stop you from bricking your camera even by making a slight change in Color or any setting outside the Smart home App

What Overlay?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i wonder if what @jordanaroth meant by overlay is the date, time, and day of the week. no there is no option to remove them from the recorded video.
jordanaroth

Post by jordanaroth »

amcrest168 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm i wonder if what @jordanaroth meant by overlay is the date, time, and day of the week. no there is no option to remove them from the recorded video.
Correct, the time/date overlay. I'm using blue iris with the doorbell camera so not even using the app. Only did it to setup the camera and get an IP.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

using blue iris with the ad110 is benign as long as you only set the recording schedule and nothing else. any configuration to the ad110 should be done with the amcrest smart home app. you risk bricking the ad110 doorbell if you try to configure any of the ad110 setting using any other tool/app other than the amcrest smart home app.
jordanaroth

Post by jordanaroth »

amcrest168 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am using blue iris with the ad110 is benign as long as you only set the recording schedule and nothing else. any configuration to the ad110 should be done with the amcrest smart home app. you risk bricking the ad110 doorbell if you try to configure any of the ad110 setting using any other tool/app other than the amcrest smart home app.
Yea, not making any changes. Blue Iris just records on motion. I have 3 other Amcrest cameras and they all use the blue iris time/date overlay. The time/date from Amcrest is about 3-4 seconds behind for some reason, so just wanted to get rid of it. Oh well.
tigars

Post by tigars »

Someone have found a solution to remove date time day ??
(2020-09-06 20:20:51 Sunday)
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

The API for Amcrest/Dahua cameras specifies the "VideoWidget" command controls the title/time/date/week overlay. The AD110 does properly maintain these settings internally as can be confirmed via:

<ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=VideoWidget

You will see in the results that the name of the doorbell (ChannelTitle) and up to 5 CustomTitle entities are not encoded into the video stream, but "TimeTitle" is enabled, along with the text color and positioning.

So - how badly to you want to remove this date/timestamp overlay? Enough to try the API setConfig command that theoretically should disable it and hope it won't harm it?
tigars

Post by tigars »

Hello GaryOkie , I just don't want to see her in my video stream on blueiris anymore . Thanks
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

You don't want to see her? Afraid to ask who that might be. :D

If you are willing to try the API command that should turn off the timestamp, just let me know, and I'll provide it - with no guarantees.