AD110 chime doesn't work at all

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
amcrest168

Re: AD110 chime doesn't work at all

Post by amcrest168 »

@Montythelab what issues are you having with your ad110?
alro

Post by alro »

I have exact same issue. I managed to get the doorbell itself to work fine, but the same inside mechanical chime, same model as the OP, will not make any sound whatsoever. I even added the little Amcrest chime voltage regulator kit that came with the doorbell.

I tried setting different chimes, tried setting to digital and mechanical chime.
I updated the Amcrest doorbell to the latest firmware as well.
I took the camera off the wall and touched both wires to each other and the old mechanical chime then worked.
Voltage at the door is 11.5V and seems to be sufficient to make the camera itself work fine.

Anyone have found resolution to this?
alro

Post by alro »

ISSUE SOLVED!

After much frustration, I went to Home Depot and bought a large boxy Hampton Bay door bell for $25, which is nearly identical to my old one, both inside and out. After hooking it all up, it just worked right from the start.

Even though my old door bell worked fine on its own, it refused to work with the AD110. Oh well, hope this helps someone in the future.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Update, Sadly looks don't always mean the same. It might have been an older Tech different type of Motors, different circuits and there are many things that look the same but are far from the same. Sadly even some people like to call Cameras or DVR's the same name model number however the Circuits in side are different. Have one that Circuits in side are the same only difference is the Main Chip one is 2828 and other is a 2830 everything else has same part for part yet one has updated FW that the older one can't have but has the same Model Number and personally this IRKS me lol.. But glad you got things sorted out.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Kiefer27

Post by Kiefer27 »

I had this same problem, and did all of what everybody else did in the previous message.

What finally made the indoor chime work work for me was to set the Option "Call Notification" to "On" under Device Information. Not sure why, but I can now hear inside when people ring the doorbell.

Hope this works for you too!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Yep. Dr. Wenodis concurs with this diagnosis and offers a referral to this post which describes other features this call notification switch unintuitively disables.

https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... tch#p35551
mjs

Post by mjs »

I had similar problem, spent hours on it and finally had success.
When choosing the "Mechanical Chime" as the Chime Type I was not saving it, so the device did not acknowledge it as completely set up.

On the ap, go to Settings --->Device Information--->Amcrest Chimes --->Link digital/Mechanical Chime---->Click on either "digital Chime" or "Mechanical Chime" NOW THIS IS THE PART I ORIGINALLY MISSED: go to the top blue strip on the ap. There is a circle with a check in it. Click it and it with save whatever chime you have chosen.

It now rings both outside with the doorbell and inside with the chime kit.

Hope it works for you!