AD110 chime doesn't work at all

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
hygtrutgfdujtdfgj

AD110 chime doesn't work at all

Post by hygtrutgfdujtdfgj »

The camera boots and I can connect to it with the app. When I press the button I get the notification from the app. However, my doorbell does not ding. I believe I have it wired correctly, why doesn't it work? How can I troubleshoot this?

The problem is not the transformer, the chime unit, nor the wires. Everything works just fine with a regular door bell.

Here is the chime unit, the chime kit is hanging below and connected to the TRANS and FRONT terminals with the red wires.

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 chime doesn't work at all

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@hygtrutgfdujtdfgj Hello and welcome to the Forum...

Sorry to hear that your having some issues with making your Chime work... Glad to hear that you have the Camera part working while it don't ring your house bell the good news is that you do get a ring on your phone...

Did you make any changes inside of your Smart Home app for Doorbell type? Some people have mentioned that they have to change the type to different then the one they have for it to work. Like Digital or none rather then making it Mechanical... Sadly I am not sure how your system is wired but if you have the system power up the camera then I can only guess that the system is getting power..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
hygtrutgfdujtdfgj

> Did you make any changes inside of your Smart Home app for Doorbell type?

Yes, it is set to mechanical chime because that's what I have. Still doesn't work.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry maybe I will try this a Different way! Did you try and tell it as my Post stated...OThers have had to tell the Device it was something other then what they had to get the Chime to work? Did you Try and tell your program that your Chime is a Digital chime?????

Sorry I don't know how these things work! I know that others have a Mechanical Chime and have to tell the Amcrest Smart Home App that it is Digital to make the CHIME work...

Sadly I am not sure why or how this thing works.. What I know is that on the Trans Screw you have a wire from your Transformer the other wire from your Transformer goes to your Switch and when you have someone Press the Button is makes a Complete circuit and the Doorbell Rings....

Only thing now is that the Doorbell switch has changed to a Doorbell Camera... You said camera works however when you complete the Path (Short out the camera) it isn't telling the doorbell to ring? So then there has to be something that might make this change... Within the App is the ability to change from one type to another for people that have doorbells that don't want to work... This might be a change that puts a Delay within the camera to make this connection longer....

So I wonder what would happen if you don't make a change in your APP yet.. HOwever you went out and Pressed and held the Button in on the camera for a little bit of time? Does it then make your Bell ring? If it does maybe try changing your system to a Digital... Contacts on the back of the camera work as 2 functions.. to get power for the camera and to pass power to complete the circuit when the button is pushed.. In a since this shorts out the camera but has a Big Reserve of power that the camera don't die unless the button was pushed for a min or longer then it might drain the Backup power... I have turned mine off, made it from basement to front door and was able to have enough power to still send chime to my phone when I pressed button...
Be Safe
hygtrutgfdujtdfgj

Yes, I used Amcrest's app, went into settings, clicked "add chime", selected "mechanical chime", and the app gave a message indicating success. I also set it to electronic chime then back to mechanical. No difference, still doesn't work. Tried setting it to electronic chime, still no difference, still doesn't work. There are no other options regarding a chime in the app. No way to fiddle with timing settings, delays, or anything else at all. Holding the button also does nothing.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Update... Tomorrow I guess maybe contact Email today to support and see if they can help with this or maybe call them tomorrow... While I am not sure if anyone is back in the Office with what is going on right now in the world but I am sure there is someone that should be there either in Email or by phone that might be able to help you if with nothing more then a RMA for another camera doorbell...

I know last thing anyone wants to do is go DO a factory Reset but have you tried doing a Factory Reset? Take off the cover and the area where the MSD card is there should be a BUTTON in there for preforming a Factory Reset... I know if this is a Step you have not tried this is one they will have you do before they would get a RMA out to you... At times Factory Resets make magic happen.... Sadly only an idea Hope it helps
Be Safe
hygtrutgfdujtdfgj

I have factory reset the device a number of times. I have also been in contact with support regarding other issues, of which they were no help.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@hygtrutgfdujtdfgj, your wiring looks correct. i am also using a mechanical chime but the chime only works when i configure the smart home app as a 'digital chime' or 'no chime.' try setting yours as 'no chime.'
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well sorry I was no help... While I don't understand the total way this system works from the Camera Stand point... I wonder if you have taking the camera out since you installed it and put the Switch back in place? or Short out the 2 wires? While I don't know if your using a 16vac or 24vac but if you don't know much about wiring please tread carefully when doing this test... However the system works off low AC Voltage but even that can hurt if not done right...

Anyway I just went to mine and removed it wish I hadn't because it is a pain to put back in mount lol... Anyway I removed the power wire from one of the Terminals and shorted out aka caused a complete circuit and my door bell rang.. While I am sure there is another way this could be done I didn't want to take the chance of damaging my camera as I don't know how much it can take from outside the system...
Be Safe
Montythelab

Post by Montythelab »

These forum posts rarely tell me anything about this Amcrest crap... Not having good luck with this dumb doorbell.