SD Card disappearing

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gordyh

SD Card disappearing

Post by gordyh »

Hi,

I've recently set up a new Amcrest IPM-721S and set it to record onto SD card continuously. Problem I'm having is the SD card keeps disappearing. It comes back after a reset but then disappears after a couple of hours again. In the app, under 'Device Manager' the 'State' is showing as 'Sleep' instead of 'Activity' and both Free capacity and Total capacity show 0 G. Also cannot play any video from it when it is working. There is data there but the app won't play it.I have it set up the same as an Amcrest HDPro, even brought the same Sandisk Ultra SD card as this has been fine in my other camera.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so is there a fix??

I'm going to try swapping SD cards between cameras just to check it's not the card, but I've never had a faulty one yet!

Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: SD Card disappearing

Post by Melvin »

Hello gordyh ,

Please try swapping the cards to see if that makes a difference. You could try a hard reset on the camera as a last option. It can be a defective unit as well.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for you reply, I've swapped SD cards and problems have followed the SD card! The new camera seems to be recording OK now, although I still cannot view recordings in the event list on the android app. I've tried 2 different devises and both have the same problem, just display "No recording". I can play recordings by going into playback so there is data there, I can also play recordings from the event list using the PC app but I really need to be able to play events from the android app as well. My other camera plays from the event list in the android app so can't see its the app.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello gordyh ,

One thing to check is if the camera has the correct date and time set on it under set up > System > General > Date&Time. If the date and time there is wrong it will not playback.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi Melvin,

Date and time are all set correctly but I think I might have found the problem. While checking the time was set correctly I thought the only other thing in Date&time I've changed is the date format, a bit of a long shot but changing it back to Year-Month-Day it seems to be playing back events OK! I tried changing it back to Day-Month-Year and sure enough, new recordings in the event list stopped playing back. Strange, but works now. Bug in firmware maybe??

Thanks for your help.

Gordon
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi Gordon,

Glad that the issue resolved. Yes it looks like a bug on the app. I will forward your feedback to the concerned team. Thank you for keeping us updated.