Amcrest cloud: discrepancy between local storage and cloud storage

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thomn8r

Amcrest cloud: discrepancy between local storage and cloud storage

Post by thomn8r »

I've been doing a lot of experimentation with my camera setup. I've discovered that Amcrest Cloud is wiping my camera config to shave their storage costs, and today I discovered a huge discrepancy between what was recorded on the SD card and what is on the cloud.

The camera is a IP3M-956W but that's irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion.

I got a UPS delivery today, and the camera captured the guy getting out of the truck, walking up the steps, dropping the package, and walking away, and driving off. Perfect. I've spent a lot of time working on the motion detection settings to get this to happen the way I want. The total video length is 1:17 The SD card captured the entire event and I was able to play it back when I got home.

The "Cloud" version is only :30 of the guy walking back to the truck; it starts when he's about 1/2 way to the truck, and cuts off before he can even drive away.

SD card footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBwvAAy-uKk
Cloud inch-age: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCY6XvJi0p4

The kicker is, 3 of my cameras have disavowed their SD storage - they refuse to initialize or use and card I try to install, so for those, all I have in the case of an incident is what is - or isn't - in the cloud.
jack7

Re: Amcrest cloud: discrepancy between local storage and cloud storage

Post by jack7 »

Last edited by jack7 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomn8r

Re: Amcrest cloud: discrepancy between local storage and cloud storage

Post by thomn8r »

This camera is only saving to the SD and sending to the cloud. No push, no emails, so baking cookies, etc. And that doesn't explain why it cut off the end of the recording, too. All I got was a little bit in the middle.

I ran through the footage today, and not only are the clips truncated, there are obvious events that didn't get uploaded to the cloud at all. I got home from work, stopped to pet the cat at my front door - I have the footage locally, but zilch in the cloud.