push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
gordyh

Re: push notifications not working on android

Post by gordyh »

I've been without push notifications for ages now, not had time to look at it and finally got round to it and couldn't find any reason for it. Now found this thread so clearly it's not me. Is there a fix for this yet?? Last notification was 7th Feb!
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

i actually just realized the other day i stopped getting push notifications as well. i usually look at the snapshot in the email, and open up the app if i see anything concerning.

but recently realized wow... i haven't been getting push notifications. i thought some setting changed, or maybe that I updated to Pie on my S9+.

not only do I not get push notifications, I don't see any Events in the android app, but if I log in with the desktop app, I can search for Events.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Thank you all for your feedback, I just want to reiterate we are collecting as much information as possible and are looking to track down the notification issue cause. Please reach out to us ([email protected]) We would like to work with you to collect information as well as give you some information and keep you up to date on the progress that is being made
jack7 wrote:
James.s wrote:...We are having a hard time replicating the issue 100% within our office...
Has your office found any indication of what works and what doesn't? Notifications have always worked for me and still do. If a working scenario description would help you, let me know what info you would like to have.

Please reach out to us through email ([email protected]) Request to work with me in the subject line and I will work with you directly as this could be helpful to our investigation.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

James.s wrote:...We are having a hard time replicating the issue 100% within our office...
Does your office have any indication of what works and what doesn't? Notifications have always worked for me and still do. If a working scenario description would help you, let me know what info you would like to have.
James.S

Post by James.S »

jack7 wrote: let me know what info you would like to have.

See the above replies, I would be more than happy to work with you one on one.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Push notifications started working today around 11:53 am PST on 3 phones. Will update here if they stop again. Check push notification configuration in app and make sure it is still enabled.
Update: stopped working again on all phones by 1:03 PST. so was only working for an hour and stopped again.
Last edited by Systemuser on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haw1144

Post by haw1144 »

they seem to randomly work and then stop again for me, at least in the past few days. it would work or be delayed..then just stop again.
duke69111

Post by duke69111 »

I'm a new user to my system ( 5 days in), but I get notifications, I just don't get a sound or vibrate. It just pops up on the screen.
James.S

Post by James.S »

duke69111 wrote:I'm a new user to my system ( 5 days in), but I get notifications, I just don't get a sound or vibrate. It just pops up on the screen.

Thank you for your feedback, Please reach out to use so we can collect some feedback on your device as well as provide with assistance with the issues you are having with your phone not sending vibrations or sounds.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

On Wed Mar 13th when the phones were receiving push notifications for around 70 minutes. I did a packet capture from NVR to compare when phones are receiving push alerts vs. not receiving. This was also the day FB was down.

When push alerts were working and being received by all 3 phones while I created motion. I did a network packet capture on NVR for around 4 minutes, NVR did not connect at all to firebase fcm addresses at 172.217.X.X or 216.58.X.X. when push alerts were working. Unusual because about 10 other packet captures I did from NVR while making motion at camera and push alerts not being received at phones all show two way communication with either 172.217.X.X or 216.58.X.X. But those 2 address in also give that TLSv1.2 error message I wrote about in a prior post when they connect in bound into my NVR.

During packet capture while push were working the NVR did communicate 2 way with Google at 64.233.177.95 their Port 443 for TLSv1.2 connected to various of my NVR ports. The 4108-HS NVR was also was communicating with 74.125.196.108 Port 465 when Gmail enabled. Seems both those Google addresses appear in NVR packet capture when Gmail is enabled. That IP 64.233.177.95 looks like related to Gmail or could be a multipurpose address to Google and did create TLSv1.2 connections to my NVR with better success than the firebase servers do. Or possibly the motion alert info is making it to GCM or firebase through the 64.233.177.95 address.

Also tried to do a router log capture when alerts were working. Only captured the last few minutes of push alerts working at router log to see what IP's phones and other cameras were connecting to before push alerts stopped working. Had time to create motion on 1 camera a few times before phone alerts stopped working and noticed in the router log that the cameras IP address connected once directly out to Firebase IP at 172.217.14.106 each time I created the motion. So when phone alerts were working the camera did connect out to firebase address itself but the NVR did not, unless NVR did through Gmail related TLSv1.2 IP. The other cameras might also connect out to Firebase individually with motion however did not have time to test the other cameras. I only have mobile app connected to NVR via P2P not to any individual camera.

The 3 phones were receiving push alerts except 1 older phone stopped receiving alerts a few minutes before the other 2. The older phone that stopped receiving alerts a first, the router log shows it connected to fewer IP addresses, one being FCM IP 172.217.14.106 and a some IP addresses starting with 13 and starting with 18 seen in router log. The two other phones that still received alerts a few minutes longer connected to more IP addresses including 64.233.177.95, and 74.125.X.X 172.217.X.X and about 8 more different IP addresses each.

The phone that stopped receiving alerts first I had just changed push notification type from live view, to video, then saved on app and after that there was no more alerts from it. Do not know if changing app setting caused it to stop receiving motion alerts before other phones or not.

Now that alerts are not getting to phones again, and Gmail is enabled on NVR. Did some more packet capture on NVR a few minutes while making motion at camera shows that NVR connects to firebase fcm 216.58.193.202 and with Gmail enabled also connects to 64.233.177.95 but not with 74.125.196.108. Every time there is a connection made from firebase IP into my NVR IP it gives that message mentioned in a earlier post while trying to create a TLSv1.2 connection, Alert(Level: Fatal, Description: Inappropriate Fallback).

Just to note that 74.125.196.108 Google address when seen in NVR packet capture logs causes the Inappropriate Fallback message as well but the 74.125.196.108 IP address is not showing on this capture log from when push alerts are not working.

Just thought I would mention the observations in case the missing notifications are not caused by the app itself. Picture below shows some addresses for the firebase cloud messaging service seen in a packets from NVR.

It may be that Google services are routed by a domain name used like googleapis.1.google.com rather than routed to a static IP address, depending on what app is connecting to Google services dynamically routed to any different IP address Google wants to use to get it there.

[img]
firebaseAdresses.jpg
firebaseAdresses.jpg (48.44 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
[/img]