PC NVR

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Vtwin

PC NVR

Post by Vtwin »

So I have my PC NVR setup on windows 10 with two cameras. One is an IP3M-954E and it records fine on the PC NVR. The other is an IP5M-B1186E and I can't get it to record to save my life.
Please help
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Couple of things to check. 1 if the one that isn't working to record. I would close the ASP and load again to see if that helps.

However on the second thing if you have the 1186E setup using P2P by scanning the Serial Number then the system more then likely won't load into your PC-NVR for recording. It is setup to record VIA IP and Not SN..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Vtwin

Post by Vtwin »

I ran the search function to find both cameras. I put a screenshot of what it looks like. Thanks for the help
Attachments
NVR capture.PNG
NVR capture.PNG (18.34 KiB) Viewed 5899 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Guess my question is did you happen to restart your PC-NVR after loading the 1186? Being able to find it in ASP and not PC-NVR happens at times with me. Even loading in a new Camera in one of my NVR's on ASP, I have to close out of the ASP and Bring it up again before it seems to want to add it. Maybe even Reboot computer might be needed.

Is it that the device isn't showing up in the PC-NVR list to be added to the PC-NVR? Or you have added it but it just won't record?

Was the Schedule changed for the camera?
Be Safe
Vtwin

Post by Vtwin »

Rebooted multiple times.
Attachments
NVR capture2.PNG
NVR capture2.PNG (214.82 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
Vtwin

Post by Vtwin »

I noticed something, don't know if it makes a difference. If I go to live view and select Front it displayed the front camera video. If I select back it gives me a "search stream timeout" Both of these are on the PC-NVR. Screen capture included.
Attachments
NVR capture3.PNG
NVR capture3.PNG (19.95 KiB) Viewed 5898 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would guess it shouldn't matter, However if your 1186E is setup for h.265 and your 954E is setup for h.264 maybe setup the newer camera at the other rate and see if it works better for you.

Also again shouldn't matter really with it going to ASP however it also might have something to do with Encoding.

It might be something to do with connection as well?

Now I am using the Newer ASP then the one your using and I did just add in a device with h.265 and my other cameras on PC-NVR are setup for h.264 and h.265 and so far all the ones that I have setup seem to work fine.

What type of Computer are you working with and what does the Meter at the top of ASP show for Ram and CPU usage?

Mine was showing 17CPU and 40Ram. however I have not reboot my computer for a while and my CPU cooler is damaged
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

After a computer reboot 8CPU and 19Ram. I am using an Old i7 5820k and 32gb ram on Win 10 Pro.
Be Safe
Vtwin

Post by Vtwin »

I have a Dell R620 server with 940 gigs of RAM and 2 24-core Xeon processors running VMware 6.7u. This VM machine has 16 gigs of RAM and 8 cores assigned to it. I have a amcrest POE switch running to a Cisco switch and the link between the switches is a gig link. I had it running on MS server 2016 but it quit working and uninstalled the PC-NVR and it would never install back. Neither would the new version. So I build a windows 10 VM machine because the PC-NVR software would install.
I have worked on this issue for two weekends and can't get the back camera "the new one" to record again.
I am running them both at .264, but before I started having the issue I had one at .265 and the other at .264.
I do appreciate the help because I am running out of ideas.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok here is an idea. We need to double check that the Camera is setup for Motion Grid. So make sure it is setup and that Motion is Enabled. Second thing to try and setup a FTP and setup your 1186 to FTP on Motion, This will tell that for sure ASP and PC-NVR is failing to record.

Also another thing to try is setup the Schedule to record Full time for the camera that isn't recording. That will answer some things maybe..
Screenshot (3060).png
Screenshot (3060).png (58.33 KiB) Viewed 5892 times
Be Safe