Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
areisc

Re: Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Post by areisc »

Same problem here. Doorbell AD110 and playback with smart home app only still pictures without sound.
Live view without problems.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is there is an issue with iOS app. I would make a Ticket for the Smarthome team so they can get this looked into. Just understand that it is the weekend and while you will get a Reply that it was Rec'd no one is in office until Mon and maybe even Tue depending on Labor.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 0001828632

at the top of that page click Submit Request, Then another page will come up to pick your item. it will be 4th link down for Smarthome devices. fill in complete or the request will be rejected..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
areisc

Post by areisc »

Today I tried Android version and I had no problems. It must be the iOS version.
The streaming rate in live view is in Android version 3 times faster, too.
slam101

Post by slam101 »

Submitted a ticket maybe 2 weeks ago, but thus far no responses. Are other iphone users still experiencing the same thing?
Crazygiant89

Post by Crazygiant89 »

slam101 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:44 am Submitted a ticket maybe 2 weeks ago, but thus far no responses. Are other iphone users still experiencing the same thing?
Yup, it works fine on my android but you can't view the playback on my wife's iphone. Started about a week or two ago.
chewbacca1

Post by chewbacca1 »

I have the same issue.
jfmuller

Post by jfmuller »

I get prompted "Local Network Required This app requires Local Network permissions in order to connect to our servers. To enable this got to Settings -> Amcrest Smart Home -> Local Network". Then after clicking ok it loads the device and events. Playback is very slow almost still images. This all started after my update to IOS 15.4.1 at the end of March beginning of April when it was released.
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

A solution for the fact that we cannot view recorded videos on the smart home app! Live can be viewed without issue. It is the recordings that are the issue. What good is this for security and peace of mind when we can’t use the cameras for that? It has been a month and no mention or feedback from the company.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:44 pm @tommcmur Solution for what? As Jack has said he can view his ASH21. I personally can View my ASH21, ASH26, Battery camera (From Hub Drive), AD410 and my Ad110's without any issues.

For a Solution we are going to need to know what issues you are having? Push? Local Network or Cell Network, Wifi cameras or Connected via Ethernet cables? Trying to view on Amcrest Smart Home app or some 3rd party app? There are just to many things that can be going on and not having enough info it is hard to find a Solution when we don't know what the issue is...
slam101

Post by slam101 »

I submitted a ticket about a month ago. But thus far no solutions from the company. Really disappointed how long this has taken.
lilspastic

Post by lilspastic »

Same issue since updating ios app (iPhone 11): no play back from AD410 with SD card and no response from Amcrest
I haven't updated my iPad and it's playing back fine; however, it's pretty useless since I don't drag it around with me when I leave the house.
I'm just getting teasers on my iPhone about what's happening at my door when I'm not around which really chaps my hide since I had recently upgraded from the AD110 and had been pleased with the improvement for all of about a month. I went from OK to VERY GOOD to SUCKS.
Are they trying to push us to "the cloud"? :/