Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Thierry84

Re: Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Post by Thierry84 »

I submitted a ticket about a month ago. But so far no solution from the company. Really disappointed with how long it takes.
Are they trying to push us to "the cloud" or is it really incompetent? :/
in any case it is unacceptable :evil:
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Since IOS Smarthome app doesn't work to playback video from SD card, try using IOS Amcrest View Pro app for playback.  It works for my Smarthome camera.
slam101

Post by slam101 »

How do you add AD110 doorbell to the amcrest view pro app? I was able to download the app, and selected add device, scanned the QR code, but then it asks for a user name and pswd (defaults were admin), but the default password did not work. Anyone successfully using IOS amcrest view pro app with AD110 doorbell?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@slam101 in order to access smart home products on AVP you first will need to setup on smarthome app. Then you need to setup using the SH devices IP address not the QR code for the camera.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I can add Smarthome camera to Amcrest View Pro by entering camera serial #, and userid and password initially setup for Smarthome camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome. That is something I hadn't tried again from a long while ago (Idon't use SH cameras on AVP). However it seems that is something that is able to be done now.
However I just tried to do it with my ASH21 after being reset and the camera won't start on AVP without being setup first in SH App first. As the person with Post about bad password and user is what it will give is bad until the device is active on SH app. Once on SH app it can be added to AVP.. I will look again about maybe using AVP for some of my cameras. Normally I don't mind and prefer to use the right app for the right camera..

Thanks Jack about SN on AVP Don't know how your able to do admin admin unless your talking about after you setup on SH app? With word Initially that makes me think your talking about setting up for first time in AVP?

Sorry when I try after doing a full Reset I get Failed to Connect. My first Reset was not full and the error I got was because I was trying to use the wrong password seeing it was still setup with my old password. I found this out after I logged back into the SH app to setup again it loaded in then realized that my Reset didn't take was not Complete Reset. I did full Reset and now when I try to connect without first setting up on SH App I get Failed to connect..
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2maxx, you said
"Thanks Jack about SN on AVP Don't know how your able to do admin admin unless your talking about after you setup on SH app?"

Yes, in AVP, I just use the ID and Password that I had setup for Smarthome camera using Smarthome app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok thanks so as I was saying once setup on SH app you can setup on AVP and as always all new SH devices needs SH app before it will have access to any other Device or software.

In the past the issue for me was SN was wrong I have not tried the SN since and always just used the IP. Personally I don't connect them to AVP and only did a few times on ASH21 and 26 over IP and less then a day or so later would remove from app and keep using SH app for my SH devices..

Thanks Jack
Be Safe
slam101

Post by slam101 »

So, after about 2 months. I get a message from customer support that my issue has been "resolved". The issue is not resolved. And the app still doesn't work. What a joke! Are there any Amcrest employees / supervisors on this forum? This lack of customer support really sucks.
sylvainbel62

Post by sylvainbel62 »

I have the same problem me also not possible to see the playback on my iphone but on my ipad it works very well 🤔