Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
slam101

Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Post by slam101 »

Hello, I have an Amcrest AD-110 smart doorbell. Motion sensor videos are stored on an SD card. In the recent several days, when I get a notification for a motion sensor video, the video would not okay on the app. It'll show that the video is about 30 seconds long, but when I hit play, it just shows a still frame. However, when I chose to download the video into my phone, then it'll play just fine. So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the smart home app, and deleted and re-added my device, but the issue remains. Looking for any help. Thanks!
jack7

Re: Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Post by jack7 »

If you only use the Events page to view events, also try viewing the event on Liveview page by clicking microSD Card at bottom.
Or  try using another SD card.
Thierry84

Post by Thierry84 »

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Even going through the Liveview page by clicking on microSD card. I even changed SD card. And that doesn't change my problem.
slam101

Post by slam101 »

I've tried viewing the videos on live view also, but run into the same problem.
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

seems like Amcrest has an issue going on. I hae this happening today at two different locations.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

FWIW, my Smarthome ASH21 camera is working  fine with Smarthome app using Push, Events, and Replay of events with SD card. I can also replay the SD card recordings using Amcrest View Pro app.
tommcmur

Post by tommcmur »

Has anyone found a solution yet?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@tommcmur Solution for what? As Jack has said he can view his ASH21. I personally can View my ASH21, ASH26, Battery camera (From Hub Drive), AD410 and my Ad110's without any issues.

For a Solution we are going to need to know what issues you are having? Push? Local Network or Cell Network, Wifi cameras or Connected via Ethernet cables? Trying to view on Amcrest Smart Home app or some 3rd party app? There are just to many things that can be going on and not having enough info it is hard to find a Solution when we don't know what the issue is...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
ff100

Post by ff100 »

Same problem here. I have a door bell camera with an SD card and suddenly the playbacks are extremely slow or just paused. Was it a firmware update which caused it? The live view is fine, just the microSD playback is affected.
slam101

Post by slam101 »

My live view works fine also. The video also works if I download them onto my phone. But I can't play them from the amcrest smarthome app. Seems like an app issue that several of us are experiencing. I'm currently using an iPhone, not sure if that makes any difference.