Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Sburd1010

Re: Amcrest smart home app video playback not working

Post by Sburd1010 »

I am also experiencing issues with the play back on Amcrest Smart Home App.

I have 4 cameras with the cloud subscription for storage that all seem to only be capturing the recording 10% or 20% of the time and the rest are just thumbnail photos with a note saying “Go To Live View” Where the recording would be if a video did capture. I was kind of hoping these would actually capture every time it was triggered. I don’t believe this is a camera issue, I believe this is an application issue. The few times I have had something occur that I’d like to have captured it was only a thumbnail, no video.

Is this a known issue, or any fix available?

If this is how they function, I would definitely not recommend these cameras to anybody.
emergent

Post by emergent »

I got it working for AD110.

Can't say I'm not more than a little annoyed.

I did a factory reset on the camera, because the "change device password" wasn't working either, and set a weak password without any special characters like "!" in it... and now it works.

I'm now able to access it via MotionEye and HomeAssisant, where before I was able to get the snapshot url working in the browser (using the url path .."/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?authbasic=YWRtaW46IWl0czRIMG0z"), but that was it.

Full url in MotionEye is now in the form "rtsp://10.x.x.x/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=00&authbasic=TMbtaW46aXRzNEgwbTM="

(with the ip and authbasic modified for the example)
robobro

Post by robobro »

i'm trying to view my footage stored on the sd card from the amcrest app on android.

i can see the timeline and where each clip should be, but when i go to play the clip back, either from the live view by hitting sd card, or going to the motion recordings view, the video will load to 99% and then not play. some older clips from a few days ago do play correctly, but others don't. seems very inconsistent.