ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
summerdolphin

ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Post by summerdolphin »

I'm running "Amcrest Surveillance Pro-Win64_International_IS_V2.003.0000001.0.R.201130" on my Windows 10 machine. I've noticed that I can't use it to get my IP4M-1041B cameras out of privacy mode. Is this option missing or am I just not looking in the right place for it? There are options for this in the Web UI and Android app, but not so for ASP that I can tell.

I end up having to fire up the Web UI to get each camera in my system out of privacy mode. Cumbersome. It seems silly that the Windows app doesn't have this.

Any ideas? I've tried Amcrest support but they haven't been helpful.
jack7

Re: ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Post by jack7 »

In ASP, go to
Device CFG>Encode>Overlay>Privacy Mask
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 pm In ASP, go to
Device CFG>Encode>Overlay>Privacy Mask
They are looking for the ability to turn off the camera aka put it to sleep
Screenshot (2691).png
Screenshot (2691).png (55.2 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
summerdolphin

Post by summerdolphin »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:09 pm They are looking for the ability to turn off the camera aka put it to sleep
Exactly! There is no "Privacy Mode" button on the PTZ controls in ASP like I'd expect.
summerdolphin

Post by summerdolphin »

Here is the response from support:
Have you tried to enable/disable the privacy mode of the device using Amcrest View Pro application, in certain cases of options may not be available on all the applications that are using. If you are still facing the issue then, uninstall the Amcrest surveillance Pro software and install the latest version of the software and check once again.
I don't see how installing / reinstalling ASP will change its behavior. I identified the version of ASP I'm running and they did not acknowledge whether that was the latest or not. It's the version linked here: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro

It looks like my options for privacy mode are:

1) Use AVP separately to toggle
2) Log in to the web interface of the camera to toggle

Once it's enabled, I'll simply revert to using ASP since I'm on my desktop more often than not.

This just reiterates the point I brought up to support that it seemed silly to require two different apps to access the full functionality of the camera. The camera itself is great -- the software to interact with it is just lacking a full feature set. They did not acknowledge that either. *shrug*
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know really. While it could be a pain maybe there is a CGI that could work. Looking over the new data I don't see one however there are others that use CGI more then I that might have better info if there was a CGI for toggle on or off. It would be nice if there is. I am going to assume there might be. Maybe some of the users that use CGI will see the post and offer a solution while you wait for release of an update.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:27 am I don't know really. While it could be a pain maybe there is a CGI that could work. Looking over the new data I don't see one however there are others that use CGI more then I that might have better info if there was a CGI for toggle on or off. It would be nice if there is. I am going to assume there might be. Maybe some of the users that use CGI will see the post and offer a solution while you wait for release of an update.
Home Assistant Amcrest integration supports Privacy Mode switch.  The link below contains the cgi commands used for privacy mode in the section labeled "The secrets are:"
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/p ... tch/287543
I don't use HA or have the subject camera.  Perhaps you could try the cgi commands.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks I did try the command remote tunnel to my v3 it failed when I get home I will try again local

Thanks @jack7 for some insight as the post said its undocumented info so need some more testing if I find working cgi I will post it
SmartSelect_20220801-211133_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220801-211133_Chrome.jpg (91.82 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok got it to work again Thanks @jack7 for the help with the matter

To turn off the camera use
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LeLensMask[0].Enable=true
turn it on
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LeLensMask[0].Enable=false

using http and the rest before using your IP address

also running this will give you all the data for the state
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=LeLensMask
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also found a post from 2020 where someone got the info about the mask and was looking for CGI as it was not posted anywhere I thought I would also give them credit as I just found it and they also posted the info in 2020.. Thanks @sidamos for pointing this out.

That thread can be found here..

https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 14496.html
Be Safe