ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
summerdolphin

Re: ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Post by summerdolphin »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:59 pm Ok got it to work again Thanks @jack7 for the help with the matter

To turn off the camera use
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LeLensMask[0].Enable=true
turn it on
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LeLensMask[0].Enable=false

using http and the rest before using your IP address

also running this will give you all the data for the state
10.0.0.175/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=LeLensMask
This is interesting to know. I tried it via my browser and after entering my credentials on the dialog that came up, it worked. For what it's worth, the "Privacy Mode" overlay in the center of the image did NOT disappear even though the camera started to stream so I'm guessing that's another setting that needs to be tweaked.

All said and done, it would be nice if Amcrest either updated the ASP or even open-sourced it so those of with know-how could tailor and improve upon it.

Thanks @Revo2Maxx and others!
summerdolphin

Re: ASP and no Privacy Mode toggle

Post by summerdolphin »

Latest info from support:
According to the sources please be informed that we do not have the provision or option to change the camera to Privacy Mode using the desktop software, it can only be done using the smartphone application (view Pro).
Given this and reading other comments on this forum leads me to believe that they've abandoned the desktop software in favor of the mobile app. I believe the last update to it was back in 2020? Plus, the release is only available via Google Drive? That doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.

I like the camera performance well enough to simply deal with these software short-comings. If I need to use two apps to control things, so be it.

I've noticed a couple of other short-comings with ASP:

- Text is so small that is unreadable on my Microsoft Surface Pro
- the PTZ controls disappear when I hot-key the ASP window from one monitor to another (I'm currently running a dual-display config)
- the UI in general works, but isn't the greatest
- requiring admin mode???

I don't think it's worth it contacting support about any of this. It'd be nice if there was an open-source alternative.