Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I thought I had an idea. While my system wasn't going online for another 40 min in the West Coast I asked my son to go turn on my router so I could do some testing on my Cameras in the NW. Thinking that it might be a Time related issue. However I found out that I moved all old FW cameras over there and might be a different issue for your NEW FW device. However I thought mine wouldn't record when I connected however all of my remote cameras will record remote in the local window, even 3 hours different times zones. So that didn't help. Still no cameras want to load PC-NVR when P2P. I thought if I couldn't record I would try to change the time to my local time and see if that would trick the ASP into believing the camera was local.

For you that might be an idea to try. In ASP click on the Device Cfg, then the camera you want to change time, then System General, time and as a test try to set your cameras time to your local time if in different zones? It might be on the NEW FW that it matters.

Outside of all that. Reset is going to be next thing. I can reset a camera remote and get access to it over P2P. Just need to remember to change admin admin to log in first time and change back after. I do it because worse case I have my son there that can do local if something happens to fail.

Sorry I couldn't be more help
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kenf

Re: Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Post by kenf »

I noticed the camera's "Channel Title" is used in the RECORD folder name. Is there a character limit for the Channel Title?

I was able to use Manual Local Record through 1/10/22 where my channel titles were ~60 characters but starting on 1/13/22, my channel titles were close to 100 characters and suddenly Manual Local Record no longer worked. I tried to reset the channel title to something shorter but the extra characters are still in the folder name like they were written to non-volatile memory.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well, It is the Weekend so it looks like that might be something to ask Amcrest Support about Wouldn't find anything out until next work day. I would email the support or setup a Ticket off the Support pages for your Camera and they might be able to give you some better insight to the issue and how to cure it without having to do a Rest..

Today I have had some odd things going on with my 2 newest machines. Had to do a Factory Reset on my AI NVR and about 2 hours later my AI DVR started to act up and shut it self off. So there is some odd things going on for sure. My older hardware no issues. So might be something related to another issue the servers were having and maybe it will clear it self up. The odd thing is that one works and one don't only different from what you have posted anyway is Location.
Be Safe
kenf

Post by kenf »

THE ROOT CAUSE WAS THE FOLDER NAME LENGTH that's derived from the Channel Title!!! If it's too long, then Surveillance Pro can't create a valid video file name because it will be too long also.

When I shortened the Channel Title, then deleted any camera folders from today that are in the RECORD folder, and then restarted Surveillance Pro, it worked - I could click the little MANUAL LOCAL RECORD icon and it would stay blue with the red dot!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad you got it figured out and working again. Thanks for coming back and sharing the solution so others that run into same kind of thing can follow your thread.
Be Safe