Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Cloud? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Sparker

Re: Amcrest Doorbell Offline

Post by Sparker »

Hi @Revo2Maxx thanks for the reply. I did double check the Chime kit, it is wired up okay and there was no new firmware to download (unless I can manually update to newer? I will report back with my firmware version once I am up again), but what you say about length of the bell wire is interesting, because I did actually add 6ft of white cable for my hallway, because my electrician used grey telephone cable wire. I will remove the white wire so it is reduced by 6ft.

The Hikvision had the odd disconnect, but it mainly happened with rainy weather, and mostly only once every few days. When it got wet it kept rebooting every few hours, so that was the end of it.
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Well I removed the extra bell cable (so it is shorter) and now when it powers up the button is blue (it was green) I have tried to hard reset it but I am not seeing the ASH-########### hotspot appear for me to connect to and the button has a green spinning circle (not blue).

Man I wish I knew this bell had so many issues with it before purchasing, because I can't easily RMA it from abroad. For example, nowhere in the instructions does it say what it means if the lighting is green instead of blue.

I tried this method, but the hotspot isn't seen by that app either https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p40007

Really disappointed. I have also raised a ticket with AMCREST, but right now I am stuck.
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Well customer support leaves a lot to be desired "try turning it off and on again" really??
SNAG-0019.jpg
SNAG-0019.jpg (172.34 KiB) Viewed 11762 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I know it's a pain but I would try a reset again. Hold button until it says it's hard resetting. Shortly after that it should say something about Hotspot. It wasn't to long ago that I reset mine but have had loads of things going in since I don't remember. I k ow AD110 has button to press.

To reboot if you wanted to try would need to remove power for 2+ minutes to make sure all power is removed from reserve cap.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

@Revo2Maxx Thanks for reply, yeah I have tried that power cycling off for more than two minutes and I have hard reset it 20 times or more, because I read somewhere else that the Hotspot could start working again on its own if you hard reset a bunch of times. I actually moved from the doorbell wires to my PC and plugged it in via USB so I could reset it and power cycle it easier, nothing is helping though.

I called the international tech support and the Indian guy that answered told me that a spinning green light means it is trying to connect to network. For me it never spins blue. it is

Power on: solid blue for over a minute
"WiFi Hotspot is available" is said and it starts spinning green anticlockwise.

I contacted Amazon and they said that I should return it for a refund.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

At the time you hear hot spot should be able to connect at that time. There is something about this somewhere. So after it says that have you looked to see if you can manually connect to Hotspot. I have had to do that. Pulling down in my Droid phone to bring up setup, pressing wireless and looking for ssid with ash in the name
Be Safe
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

@Revo2Maxx The hotspot SSID never came back, only ever the first time I set it up and mounted the doorbell cam, after which it stopped working a couple of hours into IR state. I have initiated a return, and I have looked around for alternatives but I am thinking I will need to try and order this again and hope I get a non defective unit sent to me.

Importantly, I also have to mention that the doorbell button only ever lit up green until I shortened the bell wiring. I always wondered about that because everything in the instructions indicated that it should be blue.

Would you say that the recommended course of action is to disable the IR? Could you also let me know which firmware version I should be looking out for (I did check if there was an update available, and there wasn't).

I think with the replacement bell, I will set it up first over USB and connect it to the doorbell wiring after.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear all the Trouble.

So the last part sounds like a good idea, As long as your Bench test area is in good location to wifi If you setup good to Network wifi, then remove from power and if it is going to be less then 2 minutes before power is restored I would wait at least 2 to 3 minutes after removing power before turning on your other power source.

About FW, The one I am using is 1.000.0000000.7.R.20210220 and last I knew that was the last one offered.

Also please keep in mind when it comes to connection to the Network. There might be issues with Location within a home even if the distance to the Router is close. In my home with the Ad410 connected and where I did have a AD110 before it is less then 30' to the Router. However taking into count the Construction type of my home the connection to the router isn't the best. I mean even my Cell phone outside about 10 to 12 feet past the doorbell area will drop my Wifi. This again is because of the type of things in the house, Metel Studs, OSB with foil lined insulation between OSB and siding. Then inside the house has wire mesh that holds inner walls (Metal Lath) The to kick it all off I have a steel door. So while the Doorbell says it has a good connection I know that if anything needs more power at the doorbell taking from the Wifi then my connection is or may fail. I have not had a issue with the AD410 up to this point. Sure did some resets that had me pulling my hair when I first got the camera. I will admit the last Reset I did not to long ago went without a hitch.

I do know that on my FW turning off the IR has left it in that mode after every reboot there are some issues can't remember if it was AD410 and 110 or only 110 however there was some FW that had issues keeping the IR off after reboot. I don't use IR on my 410, my 2 AD110 that are connected to same transformer and doorbell unit does use IR as they are in bad dark area. I have another Ad110 that I use in a well lit area with other ir and have that camera working in B/W with IR off. However that doorbell with other IR to light the way is powered by a PDU running 12v and 8amps of current feeding 4 outputs and only 2 outputs in use so in theory it could over drive that Doorbell if the camera wanted it (In other words don't really know the current that camera consumes) it is Stand Alone no indoor Chime. Only reason I run it without IR is because other cameras in area on IR lights the way enough and the camera is kind of to close to the wall and makes camera view go up and down in the night trying to keep a good clear picture. So just turning it off was best.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear all the Trouble.

So the last part sounds like a good idea, As long as your Bench test area is in good location to wifi If you setup good to Network wifi, then remove from power and if it is going to be less then 2 minutes before power is restored I would wait at least 2 to 3 minutes after removing power before turning on your other power source.

About FW, The one I am using is 1.000.0000000.7.R.20210220 and last I knew that was the last one offered.

Also please keep in mind when it comes to connection to the Network. There might be issues with Location within a home even if the distance to the Router is close. In my home with the Ad410 connected and where I did have a AD110 before it is less then 30' to the Router. However taking into count the Construction type of my home the connection to the router isn't the best. I mean even my Cell phone outside about 10 to 12 feet past the doorbell area will drop my Wifi. This again is because of the type of things in the house, Metel Studs, OSB with foil lined insulation between OSB and siding. Then inside the house has wire mesh that holds inner walls (Metal Lath) The to kick it all off I have a steel door. So while the Doorbell says it has a good connection I know that if anything needs more power at the doorbell taking from the Wifi then my connection is or may fail. I have not had a issue with the AD410 up to this point. Sure did some resets that had me pulling my hair when I first got the camera. I will admit the last Reset I did not to long ago went without a hitch.

I do know that on my FW turning off the IR has left it in that mode after every reboot there are some issues can't remember if it was AD410 and 110 or only 110 however there was some FW that had issues keeping the IR off after reboot. I don't use IR on my 410, my 2 AD110 that are connected to same transformer and doorbell unit does use IR as they are in bad dark area. I have another Ad110 that I use in a well lit area with other ir and have that camera working in B/W with IR off. However that doorbell with other IR to light the way is powered by a PDU running 12v and 8amps of current feeding 4 outputs and only 2 outputs in use so in theory it could over drive that Doorbell if the camera wanted it (In other words don't really know the current that camera consumes) it is Stand Alone no indoor Chime. Only reason I run it without IR is because other cameras in area on IR lights the way enough and the camera is kind of to close to the wall and makes camera view go up and down in the night trying to keep a good clear picture. So just turning it off was best.
Be Safe
Sparker

Post by Sparker »

I have the new bell, but the light on it is solid green again instead of solid blue and I cannot find any documentation or any help from Amcrest as to why this is.