Amcrest ISO app crashing

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ShakeSpear249

Amcrest ISO app crashing

Post by ShakeSpear249 »

Good afternoon,

I have an iPhone X with the latest ISO update installed. The Amcrest Pro app has been working perfectly, until a few days ago. Every time I try and edit the "push notifications" it will crash the app. I have restarted the phone, restarted the app, reinstalled the app, etc. Not sure why it would breakdown out of no where like this. Any ideas or advice would be great! Thank you!
Wemscott

Re: Amcrest ISO app crashing

Post by Wemscott »

I have had the same issue, I started looking into the settings because the push notifications stopped working when the 4.0.8 update was deployed on iPhone one week ago. The build date info for 4.00.008 on the Amcrest View App says it has a build date of 2020-11-27, but if you look at the version history on the app store, it shows 4.0.8 was deployed one week ago on 9/10/21. I wish I had a way to downgrade to 4.0.7. In the future I will definitely turn off the auto updates on this app.
ljwtx

Post by ljwtx »

Anyone else also still experiencing this problem? Even after the 4.0.9 update this weekend, I’m still not getting push notifications and the app still crashes when trying to go to the push notifications configuration.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Same issue here exactly, updated phone to 14.8 firmware, same issue. Amcrest screwed this one up big time, and no communication from them regarding this blunder. This is a huge issue with their App., Try to communicate with a Monderator.
Jpierce237

Post by Jpierce237 »

I have the same problem, none of my emails on the subject have been responded to by Amcrest. Last push for me was on the 14th when I “upgraded” the AVP app on IOS. Subsequent upgrade to IOS 14 didn’t resolve nor did the small update pushed later by Amcrest.

Jim
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

I do see anyway to contact AMcrest via a ticket because there is no link for Software Issues. Does anyone have a link to create a trouble ticket ?
This is getting ridiculous not having PUSH alerts on an iPhone X
jack7

Post by jack7 »

FWIW, using iPad with Amcrest View Pro version 4.00.0009 Build Date 2020-11-27(shown in app) and connected via P2P to camera appears to work OK with Push Notifications .  But it is using wifi, not Cell.  I don't have an iphone.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Problem FOUND ! Everyone read this that has an issue with iPhone App recent loss of Push Notifications. When you open the camera settings and hit Push Notifications the application closes (crashes). I spent some time to locate this issue and found that the AmcresttDDNS Service is DOWN. So I have been using their service and linking in the config setup of each camera to a specific port and using the Amcrest DDNS web hosting. If you reconfig your cameras to either a fixed external IP address, or use NoIP DDNS everything is back up ! All Push notifications work and there is no longer a crash.
So, go into Device Manager and create a new link into each camera using a fixed external ip address or a third party hosting as NoIP, assign the correct Port & login, then add the new camera link to your Live Views, all fixed. So AMCREST has not notified anyone that their webhost DDNS is not working for PUSH. your welcome...
Jpierce237

Post by Jpierce237 »

Great work and if Amcrest is reading this then it should help them fix it. That said, I use an Amcrest NVR on my local network and while I have used NoIP for my Teamspeak server, they do occasionally change your IP address which would break everything again.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Issue is that the Amcrest DDNS Hosting does link your cameras to the router to your APP, BUT the Push function of the APP when using the Amcrest DDNS address is at fault, thats why when you relink your cameras to your external router IP or NoIP DDNS host the Push notifications work and you can access the Push settings without any crash of the APP.