Amcrest View Pro

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
tfran1990

Amcrest View Pro

Post by tfran1990 »

I can view my cameras with the app if im outside of my network(wan). If i am on the wifi at home inside my LAN i get connection failed.

i have the port forward setup on my router.
i have UPnP disabled inside each of the camera interface. it says my router status is mapping failed each protocal HTTP,TCP,UDP,RSTP,HTTPS says mapping failed. the checkbox infront of each protocal is checked and my mode is selected as manual. i think this is where the problem may be because the internal port and external port are different but, if its not enabled how could it have any effect?

when i set up my amcrest view app i used my DNS with the port for each ip camera(each camera has its own port)

The weird thing is, if im inside(LAN) on my wired computer i can view them just fine.

has anyone ever run into this issue?
Last edited by tfran1990 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro

Post by Melvin »

Hi tfran1990,

If you added your cameras using public IP address or ddns you will be able to view from WAN fine, But you may not see the cams on same network try adding the cams on device manager using local IP address and the TCP port number when you on the local network you can switch viewing with local IP.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

tfran1990

Post by tfran1990 »

Ok so your telling me if i have 3 cameras i need 3 setup in the app using my DNS with each port to see them from WAN.

Then i need to setup the same 3 cameras with the corresponding port for each but with the local ip (LAN) to see them when im inside my network?

so inside my amcrest view app i will have 6 total configured connections/cameras?

if so this doesn't seem efficient.
i can ping my DNS from inside my network why wouldn't the app go out the the network get the public ip from my DNS then come back in to the camera VIA PF?
CronoBandit

Post by CronoBandit »

I agree that the issue is DNS (leading to bad routing) - I'll explain...
From the outside, the DNS name resolves to your WAN IP as expected, and then your router port forwards to the internal LAN, etc... However, when inside (from within your local LAN), your DNS resolution again translates to your WAN IP, yet you are already inside your NAT'ed LAN. So what is happening is that the external IP has no destination within your internal LAN's subnet, thus you guessed it, routes out the gateway - yup leaves your LAN outbound. The up-stream ISP router is obviously confused that a packet leaving your home has both the source and destination IP header set to the same WAN IP. Likely being drop as a result.

As mentioned above, you can setup both internal and an external cam IP profiles and switch from either depending on if you are wifi'ed on your LAN or not. This is not unique to amcrest, as I've had to do this with other CCTV apps in the past when using the manual port forward method (aka upnp method disabled).
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Using amcrestddns set up in my Amcrest camera, I can use Amcrest View Pro or TinyCam Pro to access my camera remotely(cell) or locally(wifi). The camera is only defined once in each app. Router port forwarding done, no UPnP enabled.
Your camera may not work that way because you are using a different ddns server, router, or ISP, and you need to change some settings, etc.