push notifications not working on android

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Systemuser

Re: push notifications not working on android

Post by Systemuser »

One more thing I found on the web that might be affecting the phones ability to retrieve messages from the Firbase Messaging Service or the messanging service to contact the phone could be this if legit.

Some of the Main DNS service providers have made major changes in late January and early February. Filtering more stuff out, which is causing some web sites, servers or DNS to be unreachable. Possible our phone has lost it's ability to find the IP address for notifications or vice versa? I do not know what DNS Firebase and phones connect to but in the links below they mention problem going on at Akamai and other places websites not reachable.

I tried out some alternate DNS addresses into my NVR and router to see if it made any difference and did not. Not sure how the relay is supposed to work between firebase and the phones and if it depends on doing a DNS lookup before sending.

Here is a discussion of it on a Google Forum
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... ns-discuss

Web page about these Flag Day changes around Feb 1st 2019, which could lead to sites unreachable.
https://dnsflagday.net/#resolver-ops

Another forum for flag day
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum ... s-announce
JonLandon

Post by JonLandon »

Push notifications stopped. Tried with two different NVR's and an Android S5 and an S9. They asked where I bought and model #, but they know it's the app. Said they'd let me know when fixed but taking way too long. It's programming? Fire your programmers or hire new. Don't like being politely told to buzz off. At least make available the older version of the app that did work! Gotta be a lot of dissatisfied customers who will buy something else because a home security cam you can't get notifications from when away from him is useless.
Systemuser

Post by Systemuser »

Push notifications still not working. Except a short term burst, did receive push notifications temporarily which only lasted around 14 minutes Feb 28th starting at 10:29PM and lasting until 10:44PM PST then they stopped again. And still next day not working again.
fil50

Post by fil50 »

Still nothing here!!!!!
wtf!!!
drdunga

Post by drdunga »

No notifications since early Feb here too, ugh.
James.S

Post by James.S »

Hello All,

Just wanted to provide an update, we are still investigating this issue and collecting as much information as possible on this. If you have not already done so I highly encourage you to send us an email ([email protected]) about the push notification issues you are having so the Support Team or Myself can collect some information regarding your situation as well as send you updates when we receive them from the R&D/Engineering Teams.

Thank you all for your patience and we look forward to working with you and getting you back up and running.
paris1028

Post by paris1028 »

Multiple Amcrest devices including IP2M-841 and IPM-723B not getting push notifications (for motion detection). Has been down since Jan 23rd except for a few random moments. This is also across a number of android devices. What is Amcrest doing to solve this issue and when can we expect a fix? I have already replaced one of my Amcrest cameras with a different brand and will have to consider the same with the others if this issue isn't resolved soon. Really defeats the purpose of a security cam!
James.S

Post by James.S »

paris1028 wrote:Multiple Amcrest devices including IP2M-841 and IPM-723B not getting push notifications (for motion detection). Has been down since Jan 23rd except for a few random moments. This is also across a number of android devices. What is Amcrest doing to solve this issue and when can we expect a fix? I have already replaced one of my Amcrest cameras with a different brand and will have to consider the same with the others if this issue isn't resolved soon. Really defeats the purpose of a security cam!

We are investigating what could be causing this and collecting information from customers as to possible to locate the issue. We are having a hard time replicating the issue 100% within our office. As stated in my previous reply, If you have not done so already, Please reach out to us so we can collect the information needed. we have also been able to assist many customers who were not particularly affected by this issue and something else was causing notification issues.

You can reach out to us here>[email protected]< We would be happy to work with you directly.
Mdias917

Post by Mdias917 »

Im having the same problem as everyone else. I just recently switched to the galaxy s10 from the iphone X and my push notifications completely stopped. I completely reset my nvr and started it up like new and still nothing. I set up everything on my s10 as i did on my iphone X. I tryed going back to my iphone X to see if android or my s10 was the problem and now i cant get push notifications to work on my iphone 10 either. I think its an issue of having multiple phones confuses the system maybe?
cgeddis

Post by cgeddis »

I, as well as friends of mine who have a single camera, have been experiencing the same issue. samsung galaxy 5 and 7 . Stopped working for both of us early feb. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, rebooted devices, as requested by tech support, etc. NO JOY.

QUESTION!! Did anyone get the notifications back for a few days?? We did. From around 6am Feb 24 to just after noon time Feb 26. Then its been dead again.

These cameras are now useless to us both without real time motion detection notification via the app.