Can't Get ASH47 Active on NVR4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't Get ASH47 Active on NVR4108-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in Edge, Add it like you normally would. Going to the NVR's WebUI, Click on Management, Camera, then do a search or just click on Manual Add, Then enter the info for the camera. If you do a Search and add that way it will make you think that it is added by it self. I can tell you that it will try to add your camera info as admin admin.. Once it comes up if done that way then go to the pencil and change the password.

Doing it the Manual way type in the IP for the ASH47 and then enter the password is only thing that should need changing to meet your cameras info the rest of it stays the same.. The Manual Add should look something like this..
Screenshot (4239).png
Screenshot (4239).png (111.21 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

hawkeye62 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:13 am How do I do that?
Plug a mouse into the NVR USB port and view the NVR directly with a connected monitor or TV. You're now controlling and viewing the NVR via 'console'; not through an app or browser. It will respond directly to any commands and setting changes and not need to interpret anything else..., like external connectivity or mutiple authentications from different devices.

Other methods are typically acceptable, but when things get squirrely and don't seem to behave according to plan, go direct and eliminate the middleman.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Revo: I have done that about 20 times, all with the same result. The camera is offline.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Pogo: That is what I am going to try next, probably tomorrow.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

OK, I finally found time to try the direct connect to the nv4108 hardware. I get the same results. The ASH47 is found and added to the NV, but it remains off line. An error message reads "Can not find the network host." I am not sure what that means. The other cameras seem to find the network host with no problems. Anyway, unless I find a solution very soon, I am going to get a 256 GB micro sd card and do recording there.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Log in using Edge, then click on management, camera, then click on search, then click on the IP address for the ASH47 may or may not have the right name of the device in search so will be best to already know what the IP is. Might come up with IPC.. anyway once you add it to the NVR you can use the NVR to remove the Amcrest Logo as I have done with mine. Go into your NVR, camera, Overlay, and add a extra name just clicking the enable should remove it. I will admit I did it on an older FW that once I removed the enable for extra text the logo came back however moved to newer FW and once removed on that NVR if you want the logo back need to reset the camera..
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

At this point I'm also leaning toward authentication being the problem. But in all my recent reading about the ASH47, I sure haven't found much love for it. One item of possible interest was some folks commenting about the need to initially bring it up via the 'Android App' -- persumably Amcrest View Pro or Smart Home.

No camera should be this difficult to bring up, especially using its own company's platform. If it's still returnable, I think I'd strongly consider that route over spending more money on it buying an SD card that shouldn't even be necessary.

Otherwise, retrace every possible authentication step from out of the box to where you are with it now. It obviously exists in the system. It just lacks appropriate access at/from different points.

If it's not auth related it could well be IP vs. protocol related -- perhaps an address conflict or rule or reservation established somewhere on the network. The general connections that are being established could simply be via P2P and not necessarily via IP address. I'm just thinkng out loud now, but....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I don't know how or why someone that is sitting in the location of the camera would have issue of adding the camera to the NVR.. So here is what I have done. I didn't want to update my 4108E-HS NVR that I was running on the older FW. However I have updated it to the last 4.0 FW for ease of use, I have my ASH47 on Ch2 and I go on and Reset back to Factory. I setup again using SH app. leaving the feed in place for when it returns. I have the camera setup to come up with the same IP even after a reset the camera got the same IP only needed to add it back on the SH app to give it the Password and what was needed for it to show up on the NVR.

So I have made this Video Unlisted so it won't go out with the others on my Channel. But there is no need for anything hard or special for adding a camera to the NVR. I mean I have some other NVR's that are NO good that require you to use that brand Camera and that isn't the case with the 4108 or any of the NVR's that I own from Amcrest..

https://youtu.be/6tOqtdgEZMk
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'm fascinated by this particular problem. Everything I've read leads back to the camera needing to be initially set up via Smart Home before anything else about it will work properly with anything else.

Provided that...

Everything is on the same network -- including the wi-fi. I'll go a step further just to be safe. Everything should be on the same subnet unless you are an advanced user. If you have a wifi router spitting out 192.168.0.0 addresses, that's what the camera is going to get. If the NVR network is operating in random 10.x.x.x address space being provisioned by a different dhcp server, that's what it wants to see and will try to assign to the camera. And If everything is indiscriminently bouncing around on a 10.0.0.0/16 netblock, it will need a 255.0.0.0 mask to handle all the possible subnets.

Authentication at each level just needs to be correct, not necessarily the same. The auth credentials required at the NVR for recognition of the camera are the username and password of the camera as initially established when setting it up in Smart Home. The login for the NVR is the login for the NVR, not the camera. Pretty simple "forest for the trees" type stuff'.

If this doesn't say it loud enough, turn it up to eleven! (Or return/exchange the camera for a replacement and try again with a new one.) Good luck!
BIGREDLETTERS.jpg
BIGREDLETTERS.jpg (178.05 KiB) Viewed 909 times
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... mcrest-NVR