AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
avigator

Re: AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Post by avigator »

Revo2: Thanks for the reply. The camera always connects to the same IP address on my mesh network. I can access the camera through the Amcrest Smart Home app. My mesh network shows the camera connected and the address is "reserved" (static) so it connects to the same IP address anytime I reboot it. Whenever it disconnects from the NVR, the NVR shows it is looking for a camera at IP address 104. The mesh network app shows the camera connected to that IP address. If I change the password for the camera through the SmartHome app, I am able to login via the NVR for about a day before I have to change the password again. Yesterday I changed the setting on the mesh network app and enabled the ipv6. I'm not network savvy enough to understand what that means, but the camera has not disconnected from the NVR for 36 hours now!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to say it but the only thing I can think is an issue is Router. I have 5 doorbell cameras, 3 are AD110, 1 Ad410 and one that only connects over ONVIF seeing it is an Hikvision OEM branded one. When I have done some testing I had them all running on my NV4116e-HS and have the AD410 on my 4216E-AI NVR and no issue with connection. I don't run a Mesh and I know there have been others that talk about having issues even getting the AD410 or AD110 to even connect using Mesh so if you have it running even if some time doing better then some others.. I would keep the IP6 open just in case..

I have seen loads of IP6 and Mcast and Unicast connections from my network. I just keep an eye on my feeds and I also use IP Auth to make sure that no outside access is being done without me knowing it. I mean what it does at the M and Unicast servers I am not sure. I just think it is to keep my P2P connections running.
Be Safe.
avigator

Post by avigator »

I just wanted to followup. Activating the ipv6 only worked for an additional day. I'm not sure that would have changed things, but I gave it a try. With one camera working flawlessly, I'm determined to figure out why the other one is not. I changed the IP address of the camera that keeps going offline, but kept it within the mesh network. Of course I made it a static address as well. It sent an image every 7 to 20 seconds one morning and required a reboot, but other than that it's been working fine for the past two weeks. I don't know why assigning a different address on the same network would make a difference, but I'm not rebooting everyday anymore!