AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mercury

Re: AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Post by Mercury »

I’m not sure what you mean by starting the Sub Stream? Could you please explain?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

A camera in the NVR when you bring up the cameras full screen (1 Camera View) you can take your mouse to the top of the screen and change from M to S1, This will change the camera to the Sub Screen view..

This can also be done while in Multi Grid view as well but normally not needed.. However in Theory in Multi Grid it is already in S1 normally so it should give you the video in that mode by default. So if you can't see the camera there is going to need to be a Encoding change..

I know some Devices start in 704x480 and not 640x480 for S1 and at times a recorder can not play in Multi Grid of someone don't change to reflect that in the Encoding..

Please confirm that your using the NV4108-HS and not just the NV4108H
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have not tried but I just connected my Ad410 to my Non HS 4108E so either one 4108-HS or non should work just fine as soon as my son gets here with my normal 4108 I will test on there as well. Moved one of my other POE nvr up to my cabin and going to have the 4108h back at the house again. Hate going up there and back just for cameras or recorders lol

Even my 4108E sees it as a 5.1mp camera

Just to be clear the 410 should load on a recorder as 2560x1920 and FPS of 15 that is all it will work at if you try to pump it up it might not work something to look at
Screenshot (1103).png
Screenshot (1103).png (960.58 KiB) Viewed 3291 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah that is one you might want to contact Amcrest About. I just tried all of my NVR's and DVR's that can work to 5mp or higher and all of them I was able to install the AD410 on..

I added it to my 4108h, 4108E, 2116-HS, 4216E-AI, 7108-AI and for kicks I put it on my POS Hikvision OEM DVR that is good to 5mp and it loaded there as well. I do have a 4108E-HS however that is now at my place in the NW and little far to go get for testing..

What Software are you running on your NVR? You on the NEW 4.0 or on a 2018 or older FW? As you can see in the image above that is from older FW the newer one looks more modern.

You are able to access the camera on the Smart Home app?

Have you tried to access on ASP if you have it on a computer? It is Free to DL from Amcrest..
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Hello,
It is a 4108-HS. I upgraded the firmware to the 4.0 version. It did have the 2018 version. Much different interface but same issue. I am able to connect to Amcrest Smart Home and Amcrest Surveillance Pro. I can view and manipulate video and settings in both. I will try to attach the encode info but it looks much the same as what you posted. I also changed the sub streams and it did nothing. I have contacted Amcrest and in the end they sent me a brand new doorbell but it has the same issue. That is why I came to the forum to see if others experienced this issue. You’ve had way more ideas than they did. I am still trying to isolate both doorbell and phone to 2.4 ghz and factory reset the doorbell maybe tomorrow.
D4DAF68E-BE5A-4ADC-A8C9-9C549A3C8C6F.jpeg
D4DAF68E-BE5A-4ADC-A8C9-9C549A3C8C6F.jpeg (6.68 MiB) Viewed 3288 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess now from Mesh network issue.. I don't have Mesh I have taken this Doorbell today and connected it to different IP address that I have setup in my Router there as a DMZ. Even doing this I didn't have any issues making a Connection. Even went as far as connecting between my house and another place where I have 2 Uni M2 beaming the data from Network to mine and the connection was there but I will admit that it seems like it was little slow and took longer to access the camera..

I hate to mention this but seeing the Website says you can make changes in ASP to the AD410 I personally wouldn't make any changes to the cameras image info because it will not look as good as it does off factory settings.. I found this out the hard way myself.. I have Reset the Ad410 4 times today making changes to different routers. I did have 1 that it didn't want to work well on 5G Even my phone didn't want to access internet when I was connected to that routers 5G.. It is back home now and back on 5G with no issues..
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put in helping me with this issue. I’m going to putz around with some settings and WiFi changes and if I figure out anything I will update this thread. I don’t want you to have to keep experimenting with your personal devices.

Thanks again
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Hello,

I’m going to say that it’s the MESH network that was likely the culprit. I went back to a standard non MESH WiFi router and now the doorbell connects to the NVR as it should. I did advise Amcrest of my suspicions but who knows where that ends up. Thanks again for all the help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear that you found the issue.. Hope mesh will work with other Devices before long. Right now not sure why Mesh and normal Wifi have such issues.
Be Safe
mgarbm

Post by mgarbm »

Did you use Surveillance Pro exclusively to setup your cameras? Might it help to log directly into the NVR via browser and setting up doorbell? I have a NV4108-HS and use it with 3 Amcrest IP cameras and a HIkvision doorbell(2.4ghz) and at times have issues when setting up doorbell. I'm also using an Orbi mesh router and one satellite that the doorbell connects to with NVR wired to router. When initially trying to connect the doorbell I think I recall it showing red and I leave it alone for 5-10 minutes and return later to find it connected. I record 24/7 from the doorbell to the NVR. I'm considering purchasing the AD410 and attempting to learn more here and help when I can. Thanks for posting.