NVR with 8 POE and added POE Switch with managed... not work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RAMCREST644

NVR with 8 POE and added POE Switch with managed... not work?

Post by RAMCREST644 »

I have NV4116E-HS FW is V4.000.00AC...
I ordered the POE Switch with a managed: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000606 ... 4c4dusrERH with 8PORT1
AND use Fiber to RJ45 I ordered: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000014 ... 4c4dWEr95K

Here Drawing what I did connected:

The problem is with the 1G POE SWITCH MANAGED UNIT.
it does only one CAM works not others 3?

Is Managed not work for the NVR? Must be unmanaged?

NVR itself works perfectly.

If the managed Switch should works then what do I need setup with managed?

thanks!
RAMCREST644

Re: NVR with 8 POE and added POE Switch with managed... not work?

Post by RAMCREST644 »

Of Course my NVR is 16 Channels.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have many switches and are all Managed. There is nothing that really needs to be done other then double check that your Switch is a Multi Port POE switch. I have seen that some are only a few ports or something and or it is one or something. I don't know Ali hardware so I can't say for sure

What I can say is that I personally have 4 Managed Switches All can be used to access cameras on my NVR's..

Don't see your image so I can't tell what the issue is with how you have it connected..

So your POE NVR is a Ch16 with 8 POE ports? sorry I don't know so I am asking, I have a 4216E-AI NVR that is 16ch POE so not sure if the 4116E is like one of my older 8ch NVR with 4POE

What I do know.. Like my 8ch POE NVR. there are 2 IP addresses for the NVR in a since.. The Mine incoming and for me is 10.0.0.xxx where the POE ports like all my POE nvrs is 10.1.1.xx and on my 8ch POE NVR It will only access the 10.0.0.xxx if connected to that side where if I wanted them on the 10.1.1.xx side I have to connect to POE port on the back of the NVR

So where this is different for my 4216E-AI NVR where I can access both IP addresses from front side as I call my Normal Network IP the 10.0.0.xxx I can disconnect all my POE cameras from that NVR's POE ports and move them to my switches and access the 10.1.1.xx IP even without them being connected to back however my older 4108E and E-HS only way to use the 10.1.1.xx cameras is connected to a port on the back however I can connect any of the 10.0.0.xxx cameras

So if I had to guess a couple of things, POE ports on Switch are not all POE? Might be 4 of the 8ch are POE and if you are 4 up and 4 down type setup it most times would be the first 4 from left to right. That is how my POE, POE+ switch are with 12 POE and 12 non POE ports with the first 12 top 6 and bottom 6 as POE only...

Next guess could be that the cameras are POE+ and switch is POE so there is not enough current to power the cameras? There is alot of things that could be the issue

another guess is that your Cameras are connected to a IP that your NVR can't access from the way they are connected. either they are 192.168.x.xxx type setup for maybe you setup as 10.1.1.xx trying to connect or find them on your switch but they can't be found because they need to be your normal NETWORK IP range and not the POE IP Range setup
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting that Denied my access clicking on it so I don't know..
Screenshot (921).png
Screenshot (921).png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your POE NVR has 8 Ports, IF you put 12 cameras on the backside it isn't going to work

Now I can't say 100% seeing I don't have that NVR.. I know that on my 4x POE 8ch NVR that is how it works only 4ch will work on back side the NVR don't see any other IPs off the back..

SO what you want to do is connect your POE Switch to the Front side of your NVR.. Please note I say Front of NVR meaning your Normal NEtwork IP range not the POE NVR IP Range..
networkinfo.png
networkinfo.png (218.17 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Be Safe
RAMCREST644

Post by RAMCREST644 »

OHH AHH! I see now...

I see many the NVR only recording up to 7 or 8 channels.

I guess I have to buy another NV4116E-HS? because I will buy more the cams.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I can't say what your needs are but if your looking for a Single NVR that has 16ch POE ports like I said my 4216E-AI has 16POE ports on the back and 1 normal Ethernet port for under 500 without a HDD..

Then there is a 5216-16P model however that has been Changed up and is kind of costly of just under 1400USD but it is really designed for businesses that need to use Temperature testing cameras that can test upto 12 people at a time so it has Very large CPU and Memory more then say the 5216-8P

Out side of that there are the others like you own 16ch with 8 POE and then there are some like my 2116-HS that is without any POE ports?

If your just trying to connect your Cameras to your NVR and you will not have more then 16 then keep with the 1 4116 nvr you have and just connect the other 8ch using the normal NVR method 8 on the back POE ports and 8 on the front..
Be Safe
RAMCREST644

Post by RAMCREST644 »

Okay, what's my goal is many POE cams in one NVR and able to recording all of it, no need temps, I have 12 cams mixed 4K 2K 1K right now but will get more. that's it.
I really like use POE at all more easier just one cable directly.
It's home use.

I see NV5216-16P, wow nice... Yeah costly.

Is my NV4116E limit recording up to 7 or 8 channels right?

The important to me is recording all 4K as many channels.