Can the New AI NVRs Analyze Non-AI Video?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
EddieColeslawski

Can the New AI NVRs Analyze Non-AI Video?

Post by EddieColeslawski »

Hello,

If I were to buy an Amcrest AI NVR and pair it with an non-AI Amcrest dome camera, would the NVR be able to do AI analysis on the stream?

Going to kit out my mom's house soon and would like her to have the AI feature, but I am thinking that maybe I can use standard 4K cameras to reduce spend. Also, if I were to do the inverse and get AI cameras but a non-AI NVR, would NVR analysis work on video stored locally on the camera's SD card, but not on the NVR I assume?

Thanks for the help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can the New AI NVRs Analyze Non-AI Video?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Getting a AI NVR will work to do face Detection and Trip Wire and Intrusion on normal cameras.. I used a 841 on my office wall when I got my 4216e-AI nvr and did a great job with just that camera.. Then when connected to an AI camera it can be setup with Area of Detection and even ability to turn off areas..

Sadly a Non AI nvr will only be good for Recording normal footage and will not detect any auto or humans outside a AI camera.. If you had a AI camera and a non ai NVR you will want to make sure to use MSD card for the camera and setup to watch the data off the camera in all truth I have MSD in my cameras regardless if they are AI or not just to make sure I have footage if my DVR/NVR's fail to record I have a backup on my cameras..
Be Safe.
EddieColeslawski

Thank you for that answer, and I suspected as much. But just to be clear, with an AI camera and an AI NVR you can have area of detection with ability to turn off the cameras, but not with an AI camera or an AI NVR? Or did I misunderstand you?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you said this? "with an AI camera and an AI NVR you can have area of detection with ability to turn off the cameras"

Not sure I understand sorry?
Be Safe.
EddieColeslawski

Sorry, I meant to say "turn off areas"