4K Playback

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rlemoine003

4K Playback

Post by rlemoine003 »

I have 4 4K cameras attached to a 4K box. Live viewing is in 4K. How can I get the video playback to also be in 4K? As soon as you start to zoom in just a little, everything starts pixeling out.
Thank you
rlemoine003

Re: 4K Playback

Post by rlemoine003 »

My DVR is a AMDV8M8-H5
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4K Playback

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to do a few things. 1 Look at your Recording and make sure that your setup to Record your EVENTS in 8mp (4K) and not in 1080p or some other Reduced format.

In some of my Recorders it will say something like Live View xyz 4k and some that are only 4mp will say what the size is and 4mp at the end however looking for Event it will say something like Motion or Event Record 1080 or something less then what the camera can record in. Most times this is done to cut back on how much space is being taking up while in Record mode. Then there might be even a 3rd area for Pictures or other events like Line crossing or something else that might not need any of the highest pictures and would record in a different format.. What your looking for is EVENT if your playing back from event and or Motion.. Another thing and I am not sure how yours is setup but some might have Full time Recording setup and Event Recording and when in play back on an event it might be a Reduction from normal event and really was intended for other way low normal full time Recording with High event as the intent so one could reflect such changes in the Setup for the Recordings
Be Safe.