Wireless camera for NVR?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gsucci

Wireless camera for NVR?

Post by gsucci »

Hello,

I wish to add a camera to my (awesome) Amcrest NVR system which already has 5 POE cameras.

Problem is, the location for the new camera is very tricky for cabling, so I was looking for a wireless camera: wifi + battery, I assume?

What Amcrest product can I look at for this?

Amcrest help states that battery home security cameras are not compatible with NVR?

thank you

Regards

gio
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Wireless camera for NVR?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Have the ability to pull power then just pull Cat5e or Cat6a for POE Sadly there is no Wifi security camera that is going to be a good solution for any type of NVR or recording software because the Constant video Streaming would drain the battery to fast... There is no good Battery solution that can Stream 24/7 and keep a person happy.. I have setup a Wifi Camera to a Full size car battery for testing how it would work and sadly I get 4 to 5 days of full time streaming before that battery was no longer able to power the camera.. This was setup with the camera to turn on IR at night, and color at day like it would under normal use..
Be Safe.