User manual/ quick start guide for nv4108E - HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
brucewol

User manual/ quick start guide for nv4108E - HS

Post by brucewol »

just got the above nvr and the ui has substantial changes. the manual in the box as well as what you download are the older style. pretty useless for the new ui.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: User manual/ quick start guide for nv4108E - HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly in General most Manufactures have Shared Manual between a few different models.. Infact Dahua it self has one manual for one of my DVR's that has like 10 different model numbers and then on top of that I have 2 of their Machines the older one is not even built the same on the back it is backwards to the newer model.. Both are same Model Numbers and have same Features just the 8ch BNC on one is on the left and on the other it is on the right. To be fair one is a S2 and the other is an S3 but still same model numbers one would think you would keep the PCB aka the Motherboads the same and tooling for housings.. Another thing is the Case is being used on the older one to help keep the CPU's cool and on the new one it has a CPU fan an heatsink with a out small case fan as well..

I am going to guess that maybe the new GUI is from a Javascript updated system over the older system and the manuals have not been released.. I wonder if maybe the AI manuals without the AI aspect of things is closer to the look of your NVR UI?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW yeah I just looked at Dahua Web for trying to put something together that might help with your NVR until you can get a Manual from an Amcrest one and all I can says is WOW..

Looking at the Model for 4108 and I have one of the older 4108 Amcrest, and I have a couple of DH products a 3108-P and a 42V-8P and looking at the manual I pulled up from clicking on the 4108 it must have listed 50 NVRs in the 400 page and scrolling through it really fast wow I seen the 42v listed and many of the others and that manual is more distracting then able to help me understand anything lol It does show some of the Newer Menus in pictures but for what system it would be hard to say then to make things even worse the manual has a DVR picture showing about a Reset button on the MB hahahahaha and there is no DVR even listed so why the picture lol.. Love to see a Picture of your UI just so I have an idea seeing my 2116-HS UI is from 2018 software
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Anyway here is a Link to the Amcrest AI NVR maybe it will give you a better feel for your NVR UI something to look over anyway.. Sorry just trying to find something to help out

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 812-AI-NVR
Be Safe.
brucewol

Post by brucewol »

thanks - i took a quick look at the manual in the link provided and it appears very similar to the software i have on my nvr. i'll look in more detail tonight.
brucewol

Post by brucewol »

I used the link rev2maxx provided and it was very helpful. didn't find any instances where the software mismatched what the manual said. i also submitted a request for amcrest support tp provide me with a link to the correct manual. here is the link they provided

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1od-9rx ... ZsJNb/view

haven't looked at it in detail but it's longer 169 vs 262 pages. the flow seems similar but seems to have a few more screens. either is a vast improvement over what amcrest provides with the product which is useless since it doesn't have the significant changes to the ui.
brucewol

Post by brucewol »

I looked further into the manual amcrest support provided with their link and found the software does not match this manual. on page 55 the show the old style ui. so i would only use the link that revo2maxx provided

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... 812-AI-NVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Before long I am sure things will get sorted out.. I just hope they never turn out like the ones I seen from Dahua lol and NVR manual showing a Picture of a BNC DVR is a Good way to toss in some lets confuse the People lol... Then as I said looking at a model that is not even related in same type or KIND and tossed in pictures of systems with Alarms and some without.. I was like did I pick a Grab Bag Manual or one for Model A? lol
Be Safe.
brucewol

Post by brucewol »

Support responded and sent me an updated manual. they sent it as a link that only can be retrieved through my email, so i can't share it. It is much better then what is available from the web down load dated October 2018. Not perfect but probably as good as it's going to get. These are the specifics if you want support to provide you a link.

4000 Series HS Network Video Recorder User Manual
Version 1.0.4 Revised October 2 nd , 2020