nv4108e-hs displays only 2 of 4 cameras at a time

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

nv4108e-hs displays only 2 of 4 cameras at a time

Post by patric »

I have four amcrest cameras functioning and able to be seen one- or two-at-a-time on the NVR console.
I can click thru and see each camera in "View 1" mode or see two cameras in "View 4" mode (and the two wont always be the same two each time).
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

All cameras are downstream a pair of amcrest PoE+ AMPS5E4P-AT-65 switches (two cameras per switch).
I gave each camera their own static IP but didnt change the default port settings.
Any insights would be helpful.
Z-Man

Re: nv4108e-hs displays only 2 of 4 cameras at a time

Post by Z-Man »

I had a problem where I could not display all 8 cameras at the same time. My problem was because I didn't have substreams enabled. Once I enabled substreams, all 8 cameras could be displayed.
patric

Post by patric »

I didnt expect that to work, but it certainly seems to have. Thanks!
Now Im curious as to how it works, because enabling lower-resolution substreams seems like it would be a burden on the system that wouldnt yield a satisfactory picture. I seem to be wrong (and thats ok) but what was the trick?
James.S

Post by James.S »

@patric

Depending on the cameras this could be why, Can you tell us what model cameras you are using with your NVR?
alarmasresidenciales

Post by alarmasresidenciales »

saludos cordiales,tengo un nvr de 8 cámaras ,durante el dia entran y salen de servicio hay que reiniciar nvr una por una las cámaras para que vuelvan de nuevo ,duran asi tres dias y vuelve el proceso,tiene conectado un switch poe dahua alguna ayuda al respecto
alarmasresidenciales

Post by alarmasresidenciales »

SV3C FULL HD 1080P
Conecte al nvr un suich poe marca dahua
James.S

Post by James.S »

@alarmasresidenciales

Please reach out to our support team so we can further assist you with the issues your having with your NVR and cameras.
patric

Post by patric »

James.S wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:43 pm
Depending on the cameras this could be why, Can you tell us what model cameras you are using with your NVR?
Im using four IP8M-T2499E
James.S

Post by James.S »

@patric

Have you already reached out to our support team for assistance? I would highly advise this as the cameras and NVR are usually pretty solid.
patric

Post by patric »

James.S wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:48 pm @patric

Have you already reached out to our support team for assistance? I would highly advise this as the cameras and NVR are usually pretty solid.
Im inclined to ask on the forum if something isnt in the manual, in the likely event someone else needs the same information, but thank you.