NVR Can't Find Wifi Cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

Re: NVR Can't Find Wifi Cameras

Post by geronimo »

I have five cameras recording 24/7 to their sd card. I also have an NVR set up to record motion events and live view.

I have to power cycle my router every two days because the cameras lose connection. If I leave the NVR off, the cameras stay connected continuously.

I'm not camera or network savvy enough to know the why's.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

What do you have your NVR set to for Packet size or sorry Record size? SO each camera has the ability to record all the time and you can setup how long each part records. Like 5, 8 10 min I have seen them set some can set even longer Also what do you have it set for PRE Record. So motion is detected and NVR will record 10 seconds before the motion is detected. People don't realize that just because you have it setup to record motion only if there is a HDD and setup to record pre then it is Recording 24/7 Thing is though the data only is saved if motion is detected.

Also look at the stats of your Router Not all routers are equal. Some have Dual core Processors and some single core. Some have only 64mb ram some have loads of ram. Like one of mine has 128mb Rom for the Programming and 256mb of ram. Some are Gigabit on ports some not at all and some All ports and wifi s
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I have no idea what the specs of the router are, nor what would be good or bad specs. It is an Asus TM-AC1900.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am going to guess your Router is a Team Mobile Special that is based off the RP-AC68U router. Has 3 external ants a 2.0 and 3.0 USB I am not sure about Ram or CPU But from what I know is a good Router on the base I am not sure about the Limited Firmware that Team Mobile installed.
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Geronimo,
One thing you might check out since you don't have a problem with NVR turned off:
In a recent post of yours, it sounded like you have powerline adapters between your NVR and router. Perhaps you may be having some intermittent problems with your NVR-Router connection that cause the camera disconnect problems.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

jack7 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:38 pm Geronimo,
One thing you might check out since you don't have a problem with NVR turned off:
In a recent post of yours, it sounded like you have powerline adapters between your NVR and router. Perhaps you may be having some intermittent problems with your NVR-Router connection that cause the camera disconnect problems.
Thanks. I thought of that, but couldn't see how the connection between the NVR and router could cause the cameras to lose wifi connection to the router. When I get time, I'll move the NVR within ethernet reach of the router and try it for a few days.
than

Post by than »

hi, i also face the same problem. I couldn't find my wifi camera but can find POE camera. Then i upgrade the firmware. Now I coudn't find both wife and POE camera. Please advice me how to solve it. thanks