Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bigdredred

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by bigdredred »

Hi Amcrest.
When can we expect a plugin designed to work with modern browsers? It's not a show stopper right now, but at some point, I may have to recommend an alternative camera if this is not resolved.
cam76

Post by cam76 »

I also can't get this to work with Firefox, Chrome, or Brave.

Amcrest, not everone uses Windows so they don't have Internet Explorer or Edge. The plugin for Chrome and Firefox worked before, and now neither work.

Please fix this quickly because my camera is useless without it. If I can't use my camera within a week, I'll have to leave a bad Amazon review.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello cam76,

We are working on a permanent solution for this issue. Meantime you can also try Amcrest Surveillance Pro software.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

rayjay49

Chrome Browser plugins don't work?

Post by rayjay49 »

You state your working on a permanent solution for this issue in a video dated ,
Amcrest IP Cameras - Desktop/Laptop Access Setup
Amcrest Technologies
Published on Oct 6, 2015
Why is this taking so long?
2 years ?
grabczb

Post by grabczb »

^ Wow... Didn’t realize Amcrest acknowledged this as a known issue in 2015. A couple months, it will be 2018!

Amcrest, don’t you realize that the customer struggle is real and extended delays for a solution hurts your reputation? A response to call tech support with the usual inventory of numbers will not lead to a solution in this case. This has been a known universal problem that does not appear to have a high priority at Amcrest. Are you actively working on a solution for the browser issue? Do you have an expected timeline to rollout a solution?

What can we do collectively as customers to bring this up to Amcrest as a priority?
vspete

Post by vspete »

When will updated firmware be available for the IP4M-1026B be available?

The 1026B camera came with firmware that requires a version of webplugin.exe that was signed on ‎February ‎23, ‎2017 8:44:33 PM despite a firmware build date of 2017-06-15. All current firmwares for HDPro cameras require a plugin that was signed on ‎March ‎05, ‎2017 6:50:55 PM. The webplugin.exe version used across firmwares show to be 3.0.0.3, however, they are different sizes. Scary and makes no sense.

Until the 1026B firmware is updated to use the newer plugin, the plugin needs to be reinstalled when switching between the 1926B and any other Amcrest HDPro camera.
VXG_Inc

Post by VXG_Inc »

Hi guys,

We've had many people message us about our VXG Chrome Plug-in from this thread. As you may have noticed, browsers have slowly been removing third party plugins. This appears to be happening with VXG Chrome Plug-in as well.

Noticing this trend, our engineering team have developed a solution that will work in all major browsers, without a plugin. If you visit our website - www.videoexpertsgroup.com and sign up for our dashboard, you will be given the option to download something called the VXG Gateway. This seems to be an adequate substitution for our Plug-in customers.

Feel free to email us at [email protected]
Thanks.
revolunet

Post by revolunet »

Hi,

Just received my IP2M-841 and as much as i love the hardware, im quite disappointed about web support.

Having to install a third-party opaque plugin to play some video stream is overkill by 2018. browsers can play a lot of formats or have the power to decode streams ?

I'd really love to see AmCrest as a web-friendly company.

I'm on OSX and the embedded firmware (shipped from you 1 week ago) was the N-2 firmware, in which there's a bug specifically on OSX to download that web plugin... So tried to upgrade firmware but no luck, "invalid firmware" :)

Needs : access to video + audio raw streams from my web browser (chrome or firefox) and without "plugin" :)

Or any advise for a more web-friendly camera model, anyone ?

Thank you
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

Revolunet, I am in the processing a getting rid of all of my Amcrest cameras due in large part to the plug-in issue and the company's repeated lies about addressing it. For testing purposes, I replaced one Amcrest outdoor bullet with a Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z and another with a Reolink 411S. The Reolink's image is stunning during the day but horrible at night. The Dahua provides a good image during the day and the best low-light performance I've ever seen at night (it's part of their Starlight series). The Dahua's web interface is also quite good. As with my Amcrest cameras, I had to load a plug-in but only had to do it once and haven't had any problems since. My final solution was to buy Blue Iris. I'm extremely happy with it but it requires a computer be on at all times. The companion iOS app is incredible. When I open the app, I have immediate access to live streams from every single camera.

I've ordered more Dahua's and plan on gifting the Amcrest to neighbors. Go to ipcamtalk and peruse the forum there. There's loads of good info and the folks there helped me become an ex-Amcrest user. You may find info that will help you mitigate the plug-in issue.
Last edited by markplewis on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

grabczb wrote:^
What can we do collectively as customers to bring this up to Amcrest as a priority?
Probably nothing. It's obvious Amcrest has absolutely no concern for their customers and is quite comfortable telling outright lies about a fix being imminent. The best we can do is continue to leave 1-star reviews on Amazon and other forums, and note in the comments the company is completely untrustworthy.

I realize it's not an option for most people, but I am in the processes of replacing every Amcrest product I own.