Failed to connect Android

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
moonglow

Failed to connect Android

Post by moonglow »

Does anybody else have issues with the android app pro fail to connect periodically? Webview works on my laptop and I can view and playback. But sometimes the android app fails to connect when I'm on wifi and when viewing from mobile 4g. The 1080p cam I have is up and running with a solid green led. I'm getting push notifications and motion alarm is being sent to my android phone but sometimes live view and play back fail to connect.
Does anybody have any ideals or suggestions? Please help Thanks!
jeffee

Re: Failed to connect Android

Post by jeffee »

moonglow this is what i had to do to get everything working.Re: P2P "Failed to connect"
Postby jeffee » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:23 pm

parkinNJ and others having this problem ,called tech. support when i got home and they set up port forwarding for me and so far it is working like it should but it always seemed to work decent when i'm at home. just when i got to to work which is about an hour away it would stop working.i'll let you know more tomorrow when me and the wife go out on our weekend shopping trips.if you do call and have them set up port forwarding make sure you have them stay on phone with you until you know for sure your cameras are working as the tech. was trying to tell me what to do after he did the port forwarding and i had him stay on phone thru the whole process. you'll have to delete your cameras off the p2p and add them in ip/domain/ddns setup with a differant ip address and port number.really hope this solves the problem been working on this for close to 3 weeks ! and also if you go this route when you connect, your wi-fi has to be off just cell signal.

UPDATE : everything worked fine until i rebooted modem, all the portforwarding info was saved but i can not connect with phone . can still connect with laptop with new ip address i was using just not the phone.back to the drawing board !

UPDATE: called support and talked with alex ,he redid the whole port forwarding again on my router but did it a totally differant way than the tech. did friday.he fixed them to work off the quickddns server.so far everthing works great even if my router reboots and changes ip address it will still work. he saved all the info on notepad on my computer for future referance and explained how i can get on any computer and type in the address and port number of each camera which i have 2. it took him about an hour and 15 mins. to do this . he walked me thru setting it up on my phone using the ip/domain/ddns setup.you can only use with cell coverage and not wi-fi which is fine by me. went out of town earlier and was able to view cameras with only 2 bars of 4glte in only a couple of seconds.i have to give credit to alex he was the only tech. person i talked to from support who really took the time to make sure everything worked and i understood how to connect with other computers. other people who are having problems might want to go this route ,if you call support maybe you'll get lucky and get a knowledgeable person as alex. hope this keeps working as i have been having this problem for about 3 weeks now . he said its better hooked up this ways as the p2p servers sometimes has problems ! boy ain't that right !
Last edited by jeffee on Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffee

pkwan

Post by pkwan »

I have the same issue. Got notification, but it failed to play back and even live view. The error message is "failed to connect". Every thing was working fine earlier today. Did anyone get to fix this issue? Many thanks.
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Make sure the extra/sub stream is enabled as well.
pkwan

Post by pkwan »

It was enabled. After playing around a little bit, I went to Networking and then P2P. The status showed "Offline". Not sure why all of a sudden it went offline and I am 100% the router and the device itself never rebooted because I did not set the IP address as static. That is, if it rebooted, it would get a different IP address. The way to recover is to go to System and do a manual reboot.

If it happens again for no reason, I will return the product.
Jeffro

Post by Jeffro »

I have many many connectivity problems. Network problems, device locked, failing to find host and many more..daily....

This is how I solved all my connectivity problems as I had them on both my laptop and android..(with help from Amcrest) Go in your camera settings using a computer and change all your IP addresses too "static" (so they don't change). Then once again on the computer using the "Amcrest Pro" software go to device settings and view all your camera IP address settings.(you'll use this info for your manual install on your android) then I just redownloaded the Lite Android app. When adding a device do not use the automatic settings for scanning in your camera. On the android software go to device manager-"+" sigh for add new device and then the bottom option IP/Domain/DDNS set up. Manually add your cameras and save them. After that I have connected via android and Windows every single time with no depays. Make sure to get your devices set to "static" in the IP address area of your computer settings. (I'm sure there is other ways to do this but this solved 100% of my problems!)
Jordan77

Post by Jordan77 »

Good advice Jeffry. I did similarly and haven't had nearly the problems. I also removed my cameras from Amcrest cloud
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

I had the same issue. After playing around for a fair bit and found
" Jordan77 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:34 pm Make sure the extra/sub stream is enabled as well."

That is what worked for me. I had turned it the other day and that is when this all started.

Thankyou Jordan77
Keysam13

Post by Keysam13 »

Im having the same issue. Noticed the other evening while viewing all five cameras at the same time on Amcrest view Pro for Ipad that the particular camera that 'failed to connect' had no led's lit up. It was totally dark. A moment or two later led's lit up and i was then able to connect. Seems as though the cameras are shutting down. Btw, this is with POE cameras and they all get their power from the same switch.
sharoon

Post by sharoon »

It seems that there is an issue in your android device. To fix it do according to following instructions:
Hold the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously
Hold the button combination until you see the word Start.
Use volume buttons to scroll to “Recovery” and press the Power button to select it
If you see “No Command”, hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button once
Use Volume Down to scroll down to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it
Select Yes the same way.

If a still issue exists then contact the support team for help.