Connect IP2M-841B to new router/modem

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Chassquirrel

Connect IP2M-841B to new router/modem

Post by Chassquirrel »

I have the Serial Numbers of all my Amcrest cameras I want to connect to WiFi via my new SSID and Network Key. Does anyone know how to add them with the serial numbers and the software instead of physically having to bring all of them inside to connect via Ethernet first? Any suggestions would be great.
shaunmurray

Re: Connect IP2M-841B to new router/modem

Post by shaunmurray »

Did you try the P2P setup? It's how I initially set everything up via wifi, then later switched over to ethernet.
NealCams

Post by NealCams »

If i understand your question. My answer is to configure the Wifi, you will need to connect to each camera with an Ethernet cable. Then setup the connection to your new router/Wifi .
If your are already connected to a Wifi network, you can configure the new settings and then switch to the new router.
To use P2P you have to be able to connect to the camera over your network from your router. That would work if you already are on a Wifi network.

Maybe i don't understand your system configuration.
Chassquirrel

Post by Chassquirrel »

I tried the P2P option from my phone app but it just gives me an error. I think that may be because the cameras can only connect to a 2GHz router. My router is 2GHz and 5GHz and my phone connected at 5GHz. I did get one of my cameras to connect to 2GHz that is actually in my office but I had to go through the Internet Explorer setup option. Is there anyway to manually add the outside cameras via the IE tool?
shaunmurray

Post by shaunmurray »

I honestly couldn't get the tool to run (I'm not on Windows, however). Your device is on the same network, however, right? That should be all that is needed. The router, is there a firewall? Can you try temporarily disabling the firewall and/or setting some stuff into the DMZ?

Like I said, I did do the setup P2P first, inside, just at my desk to ensure it was working before mounting and running ethernet lines. JMTC, but it might save you frustration to bring it in and get it working 100% then bring it back out for finishing the setup.
Chassquirrel

Post by Chassquirrel »

I am just going to bring the cameras in the house and connect them to Ethernet and then the new WiFi SSID. Thanks for your suggestions.
biwanmedona

Post by biwanmedona »

This is a 4G LTE advance Wi-Fi router. This is used on an industrial scale. This product is very much in demand. It has a robust structure which allows working in extreme weather conditions. best modem router
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi Chassquirrel,

Initial setup better do scanning the QR code, Once you setup the cameras to your WiFi mount the cameras and take the SN number after that if you want to add the cameras to different devices add it by P2P method using serial number.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

dchurch

Post by dchurch »

I hopes this helps others like me:
Camera: Amcrest IPM-751

We replaced our wifi router and that caused problems. I was going nuts trying everything to get reconnected. I found that the camera has to be brought to the router and connected via Ethernet cable and a 12v power adapter. The camera’s internal rest button can be pressed for 30 seconds to reset the camera settings. Then power off wait 10 seconds, then power on (red light) wait for blinking then a solid green light. Now run Amcrest app and select install a wifi camera using Ethernet connection… follow prompts to where you can view camera video without Ethernet cable connected.

Now the power can be disconnected. The camera can be tested by reconnecting to power then waiting 2 minutes (for solid green light) now restart the Amcrest app and verify all is working. If error occurs simply restart the Amcrest app (sometimes a connection will simply fail). Okay, then disconnect power, move camera to its actual location and reconnect its power.

Again, it takes about 2 minutes for the camera to restart and connect (solid green light). Now restart Amcrest app to view live video. Done.

Regards,
Dave