Motion detection for day and night

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jordan77

Re: Motion detection for day and night

Post by Jordan77 »

I have done the "walking around" threshold and sensitivity settings many times. What always gets me is that I have it setup to where a person or larger object is required to set it off. After getting it setup and finally dialed in, a tiny spec of dust or something goes across the screen and triggers it. Sometimes I have issues with the recording not starting when the event triggers it. I have several cameras one of which is recording 24/7 to use as reference.

I know things like lightening will trigger it, but it does slightly seem like "black magic". Lol
JonLandon

Post by JonLandon »

Can two different sensitivity settings and two different thresholds be set - one for daytime and one for night time?
stock

Post by stock »

JonLandon wrote:Can two different sensitivity settings and two different thresholds be set - one for daytime and one for night time?
yes. Go inside the motion sensor settings and you will be able to set different sensitivity for different time periods during the day.
On mine I see 4 time periods for the day, not sure if it's the same on each model.

Here's how it looks on mine.
https://image.ibb.co/erfDEx/delete_01.jpg

I have tried the sensitivity settings from 1 to 50, and it still triggers alerts all night long. Wish there was something better for nighttime alerts.
stock

Post by stock »

Anyone able to get Motion detection for day and night to work well ?
miuliani

Post by miuliani »

Stock - are you using the cameras directly on the network - not using an NVR? I don't have the settings like you do for each time period
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

I believe that it is impossible to adjust sensitivity and threshold for night detection so the device will sense the motion you want and ignore all the little bugs the are attracted to the camera. I have set my motion parameters to work well in daylight and will live with near continuous detection at night.