Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
markjericho

Re: Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Post by markjericho »

I don't know about anyone else, but I noticed today that my camera was connecting MUCH faster outside my home network. I tried it on multiple wifi networks and on LTE and didn't have any issues. Has anyone else noticed any improvement today?
graves14

Post by graves14 »

Yes, I noticed a major improvement in speed today. I'd like to know if Amcrest changed anything or not on their end. I don't believe I received any app updates.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Having this access/delay issue with one of the 5 cameras I have. 4 of them, a mix of fixed outdoor and PTZ indoor (841) cameras seem fine access and response is fine. One which is a 3MP fixed outdoor camera exhibits the following:
- access is slow or not at all, and strangely is worse in the PM than AM which maybe a issue with capacity and provisioning by Amcrest
- when I can access the camera there is a noticeable delay, time counter ticks are erratic, and in HD mode very delayed.
- two other cameras in this same location (one fixed 1.3MP and a PTZ 841 are just fine regardless of resolution

I was thinking it was a potentially bad or failing camera until I read others were having the same issues here.

I have 2 other cameras both PTZ 841 each in different locations with different internet providers that are also just fine.

For diagnostics by Amcrest the problem camera details are as follows:
Camera Model - IP3M 956
Phone Type iPhone 6
Phone OS iOS 11
Phone service Provider Verizon
Region Florida

Would appreciate getting some insight on what to do, maybe it’s a setting as all the other cameras seem fine but it could also be a Amcrest capacity or provisioning issue as there seems little correlation in the IOS or Device being used to access the cameras from the threads here.
Melvin wrote:Hello all,

We understand your concern and we are currently working to immediately resolve this issue. Please note that Amcrest View can still be accessed through WiFi networks. As a temporary solution, you may also access your cameras over 3G network via Amcrest Cloud. We thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Please do provide us with the below info that will help us resolve the issue asap.

Camera Model
Phone Type
Phone OS
Phone service Provider
Region
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

markjericho wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I noticed today that my camera was connecting MUCH faster outside my home network. I tried it on multiple wifi networks and on LTE and didn't have any issues. Has anyone else noticed any improvement today?

Same here, it magically fixed itself without any update of the App or Camera firmware???
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Same where since 1-2 days it fixed itself... very weird
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

FWIW still can’t connect to a outdoor Dome 3MP camera to connect at all so not yet fixed in my view.
rclark31978

Post by rclark31978 »

I got an email from support on 2/7/18 that the issue had been resolved. They did not elaborate on what was fixed. Seems to be much better... up until this evening when the whole thing seems to be down.
schultzd

Post by schultzd »

I also have been having the same problem for several weeks and then it fixed itself a couple of days ago, just like everyone else.... but then suddenly today (2/11/2018) I am unable to connect at all from either local WiFi or cellular networks. What is going on???
Schizamp

Post by Schizamp »

I created an account to confirm the above users who are having issues. I could not connect to multiple cameras either from WiFi or Cellular between 7-9:20PM ET last night. I rebooted all of my equipment except for the cameras themselves and still had issues. At around 9:20 or so they came back but not at the same time. I suspected a cloud issue since from a phone to the camera it routes through the Amcrest cloud proxy.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Schizamp wrote:I created an account to confirm the above users who are having issues. I could not connect to multiple cameras either from WiFi or Cellular between 7-9:20PM ET last night. I rebooted all of my equipment except for the cameras themselves and still had issues. At around 9:20 or so they came back but not at the same time. I suspected a cloud issue since from a phone to the camera it routes through the Amcrest cloud proxy.
I think your onto something, my issue with connection and sluggish performance degrades as the day goes on. While not great in the morning, at least I have a chance to get a connection and live view, but much past mid-day and its impossible to connect at all. I also think there is a capacity (or bandwidth) issue with the provisioning that gets worse as the day and connections grow.

You would think Amcrest could take a proative approach and get interested. However until sales are impacted then they can run and hide from the problem. I mentioned in another post related to the new release of the iOS App that this problem is not going away and that a flood of bad reciews on Amazon just might get Amcrest's attention to fix this.