Downloading video

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jake10

Downloading video

Post by Jake10 »

Ok. New to this stuff not good with computers or anything that involves them... how do I download or save the video off my dvr box? And do I have to be connected to the internet? Everything is installed and I have the cameras connected to a monitor not my computer, they work and it records I just can't retract the footage from the box...
frommars

Re: Downloading video

Post by frommars »

Where do you want to download the video ? if your dvr has USB port - plug in and then on search screen - where you see all videos - select the one you want and there must be option to save it ( small button or something) or go to backup option and find it there --> i am giving you vague directions and not very specific because I don't know what model you have - but in general this is what you will do to save a particular video.
Or you can have the PC/MAC app and from there as well while watching a particular recording there is option to save it to your computer's hard disk - but then you need to convert the DAV file to mp4 or AVI
bennor

Re: Downloading video

Post by bennor »

The DVR's web interface, at least on the 720p HDCVI DVR, supports saving the video to one's local hard drive. It even has the option of converting that video from DAV to ASF before downloading. If one downloads the DAV file, the Amcrest Smart Player program will convert it to AVI.

720p/1080p HDCVI Smart Player (For .DAV Video Files): https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... deo-Files-