sensitivity and scheduler settings ip2m-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jmf1964

sensitivity and scheduler settings ip2m-841

Post by jmf1964 »

How do you adjust the sensitivity settings in the ip config pc app ?

it seems no matter what position I put the sliders in I'm getting flooded with emails so much so that gmail suspends my account for overuse.

also the scheduler doesn't seem to be working either. I set it up to not alert during part of the day but I'm still getting alerts in those time periods

am I missing something ?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: sensitivity and scheduler settings ip2m-841

Post by Melvin »

Hello jmf1964 ,

The motion detection settings will take a little bit of trial and error depending upon where the cameras are located. Usually sensitivity of 50 and threshold of 10 works without much issues.

You should also set the detection zones to avoid constantly moving objects like a fan or leaves on trees etc.

For motion detection, the schedule should be set at set up > event > Video detect. When you set the schedule under set up > Storage > Schedule, this ois only the recording schedule.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jmf1964

Post by jmf1964 »

Thanks I'll keep messing with the sliders and see what happens.

The scheduler I did setup under video detect and hit save, but when i went back to look it was at the default settings again.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello jmf1964 ,

After selecting the schedule, ensure that you click save and click save once again on the video detect page.

Also do you have the camera added to Amcrest Cloud? If so the cloud settings could be overriding the settings on the camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jmf1964

Post by jmf1964 »

all sliders are set to zero and I'm still getting flooded with emails. Is there a newer version of the pc interface i should be using, the one i'm using came on the cd with the camera.
jmf1964

Post by jmf1964 »

I've gotten everything set right now and i think it is working like i want it to, thanks for your help.
one more question,
the amcrest cloud has the wrong time stamp it is off by an hour, can that be changed ?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello jmf1964 ,

Login to Amcrest cloud form PC and you can set the correct tome zone under settings from the drop down on the top right of the page.

jmf1964

Post by jmf1964 »

that worked, thanks