struggling with IE 11 on Windows 10

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcr_hf

struggling with IE 11 on Windows 10

Post by amcr_hf »

I'm having difficulty viewing my camera via IE. Not sure how to best describe this, but I hope my screenshots help.

In my first screenshot, notice the area I'm actually monitoring seems to be too big for the page.... The area encircled in red is supposed to display the full date and time, but mine gets cut off:

Additionally, when I try to edit the Detection Area, my browser only lets me see the upper-left portion of the area I'm monitoring:

I have a hunch that I need to adjust an IE and/or Win10 setting, but can't figure out which one. I've already tried increasing/decreasing zoom, but this didn't help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: struggling with IE 11 on Windows 10

Post by Melvin »

Hello amcr-hf,

Please try the below steps on your PC.

1) Go to C:\Program Files\webrec\Torch\3.0.0.3
2) Select the WebActiveX.exe file.
3) Right click, select “Properties” then on the “Compatibility” tab, check the box “Override high DPI scaling behavior”, “Scaling performed by” then select “Application”.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

amcr_hf

Re: struggling with IE 11 on Windows 10

Post by amcr_hf »

That worked perfectly, Melvin! Thanks! Man, am I glad I asked.... I would never have figured this out on my own.

Do you happen to have any explanation for this issue, or know of any URLs/links that might shed some light on it? If not, no worries. Thanks again!