Time And Date Wrong

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
byronbigrims

Time And Date Wrong

Post by byronbigrims »

anyone else having issues where the time and date on the camera will not stay set, and also by the date and time keep being wrong im not able to playback any of my recorded footage
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Time And Date Wrong

Post by Melvin »

Hello byronbigrims ,

From the PC use the PC sync option and disable the NTP option. Please check if that helps.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

byronbigrims

Post by byronbigrims »

I have done that as well, I can go set the date and time now, it will remain correct for a couple of hours and then that date always changes back to 01-01-2000
bigscience

Post by bigscience »

Same issue here, put in a ticket, they said to reset the camera.
byronbigrims

Post by byronbigrims »

bigscience wrote:Same issue here, put in a ticket, they said to reset the camera.
did the camera reset work for you?
rayleaf

Post by rayleaf »

I also have a IP2M-841 camera and has the same problem...Melvin's suggestion did not work. Is there a solution to this or is it a return to Amcrest as the only option.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello rayleaf ,

Please check if the camera has the latest firmware and do hard reset the camera once firmware is updated. Then try to use the PC sync option from the web interface of the camera.

Please do give us a call if possible.

1-888-212-7538
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ed0213

Post by ed0213 »

I had a similar issue with a few of my Amcrest cameras. I am recording via Synology NAS, and the data and time would jump all over the place. Sometimes, -4 hrs, then -4 more, then it would reset back to correct time. What I finally discovered was that every time I updated the camera programming from Synology, it would push the config to the camera and try to NTP time sync even though I had this option unchecked in Synology. NTP time sync from Synology clearly doesn't work well. Now, any time I need to update programming via Synology, it messes the camera up and tries to set NTP, so I just have to make it a 2-step process. Step 1, update Synology programming and let it push to the camera. Step 2. go into the Amcrest PC app, do a PC time sync, make sure NTP is unchecked, then apply settings through the PC app. This does the trick and the camera time stays on target until the next time I tweak Synology settings but then I just repeat this process and all is well. My issue was mostly on the 1026, and 941 models.
jia28

Post by jia28 »

Hello,
Did you check if you have enabled an automatic reboot feature? maybe that's the reason why time and date is changing.

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam
TheObstacle

Post by TheObstacle »

I'm having a similar issue. Recording from an Amcrest IP4M-1026EW to a Synology NAS, and the time in the timestamp randomly changes several times a day. I'm syncing with a local NTP server (my router, which is running the latest version of pfsense).

The camera is on firmware version "2.420.AC01.3.R, Build Date: 2018-02-06", which I believe is the latest. (BTW, the fact that the "download latest" button in the web UI takes me, not to a firmware download page, but to a page that asks me to subscribe to the email list, is really annoying.)

I do _not_ have the camera set to auto-reboot. When I initially set the time (via NTP, timezone setting, and DST settings) it seems to get the correct time.