Motion Detection Recording Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wilcochris

Motion Detection Recording Issues

Post by wilcochris »

Good evening everyone,

I am trying to set up recording with motion detection but with no luck.

I have an IP2M-841B camera and I have set the settings to record when motion is detected and to send notifications.

Notifications are not an issue. Recording is the problem.

I have set the recording paths and nothing is recording when motion is detected.

I have set the schedule and detection area but still nothing is recording - or if it is, it is not showing in the paths I have set.

Just wondering if there is something simple I am missing.

Current software version is 2.420.AC00.17.R with a build date of 2017-03-22
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Motion Detection Recording Issues

Post by Melvin »

Hello wilcochris,

Are you trying to record to your PC? If so you will have to use Amcrest Surveillance Software with the PC NVR option. You can record to an SD card in the camera without the need of a PC as well.

Please give us a call if you need further assistance with this.

1-888-212-7538
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

wilcochris

Post by wilcochris »

Hi Melvin,

Thanks for this. I have downloaded the software but am running in to issues when trying to use the PC-NVR.

When I select the PC-NVR option from within the Amcrest Surveillance Pro, it does not give me the option to select remote device so cannot get any further in to the installation.

Do you have any other pointers?

Thanks
wilcochris

Post by wilcochris »

Sorted it after the software guide was extremely unhelpful!
dghpublic

Post by dghpublic »

Hi Wilcochris,
I am having the same problem where Amcrest Surveillance Pro does not give me the option to select a remote device when trying to use PC-NVR. What did you do to fix this problem?
revokin

Post by revokin »

PC-NVR has built in admin accounts (888888/888888) and the passwords can not be changed. This is an extreme security flaw. Just letting you know.