Amcrest View Pro (iOS v3.40.0057) - Login Timed Out

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
grabczb

Re: Amcrest View Pro (iOS v3.40.0057) - Login Timed Out

Post by grabczb »

An excellent recommendation Jules for Amcrest customers. Really had high hopes when I switched from Foscam to Amcrest. Never experienced these seemingly untested, flawed, and completely disfunctional updates from Foscam. "login Tinout" to all my cameras since Amcrest's Feb 16th update. This isn't a "customer problem", fix your app. Any status report Amcrest?

Bernie
narrowfoot

Post by narrowfoot »

narrowfoot wrote:still waiting... what is the ETA?
Hello?!? Where is the fix??
Buckingham

Post by Buckingham »

Hi All,
Here is what I found to correct this connection issue.

The error was CORRECTED by using the P2P Setup on the android phone.
IP/Domain/DDNS was used before and as a result it was only a valid connection on the local network. Which in retrospect makes sense.

I will tell you all that I did run a firmware update on the camera and still used the most current Android app on the phone. The issue remained the same as before and once I deleted the previous camera connection (on my phone only) config and went with the P2P style connection it worked fine.

Rex
narrowfoot

Post by narrowfoot »

I prefer the IP/Domain/DDNS method (in theory it is not reliant on Amcrest for S/N registry lookup) and it appears to work again with the version release to the App Store today.
nyJules

Post by nyJules »

Hooray!
iOS v3.40.0061 now works with IP/Domain login. This (in my opinion) is a much-preferred method for accessing the cameras over the Internet because it is a time-tested, standard method for port-forwarding to individual cameras.

And, of course, I will NOT be allowing the ViewPro app to update automatically!

Many thanks to other Amcrest ViewPro users who brought the continuing issues to Amcrest's attention. And, to be fair, thanks Amcrest... for fixing the app that you broke in the first place.

Jules
michaelmiller

Post by michaelmiller »

I hope this update is for Android systems as well my tablet is doing the same thing.
moswenym

Post by moswenym »

I'm new to Amcrest as of a month ago and own a large business where I need full security. I have all Android devices and a PC. I had three break ins just over a month ago with thousands of dollars lost which forced me to get something with remote security and I did, but it doesn't work, so please update.
nbraunstein

Post by nbraunstein »

May I please have beta access to anything you have available for my 8CH POE NVR or the iOS software.
vz44

Post by vz44 »

i have iphone and android, i keep getting this login timed out no matter what on android phone, making this camera pretty much useless for me to use ( can't get the app working with wifi or outside wifi using lte)
nbraunstein

Post by nbraunstein »

The resolution needs to be fixed to display properly on larger iPhones.