Your apps suck

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Adamm

Your apps suck

Post by Adamm »

Dear morons.

Learn how to write a good app. Your stuff sucks. Download Ubiquiti's camera app and see how it's done. This crap you put out literally sucks a giant dong. Fail.
DrunkSkeeterPilot

Re: Your apps suck

Post by DrunkSkeeterPilot »

Ubiquiti isn't perfect either, m8. They have extremely limited camera lineup and limited to 1080p resolution and mediocre infrared illumination.

Yes ubiquiti software looks slick but Amcrest has around the same if not more features and options.

However, AMCREST, both your Android and Windows apps, as well as your Mac app DO SUCK because they have PROBLEMS that should already have been resolved.

1. Entering into Motion setup for sensitivity and threshold sends a false-alert push notification every time you click the button or save changes. SUPER ANNOYING.
2. No algorithm to detect and trigger on human shapes over other motion shapes.
3. Detection regions (boxes) are too large to accommodate #2.
4. On Mac version of the app, you cannot reposition the Date/Time or Name boxes (On Windows app it works fine).
5. Repositioning of Date/Time or Name boxes gives NO necessary tools like to center at top or center at bottom.
6. On PT(z) cameras, Motion detection false alerts too easily when camera stops on a preset and needs a few seconds to auto-adjust picture settings. These auto adjustments can trigger false alerts, so the motion detection needs to be aware when the camera is auto-adjusting or doing ANYTHING that can cause false alerts and suppress detection until the image stabilizes!!!!
7. The PTZ Tour and Preset area is VERY RUDIMENTARY at best!
7.1 There is no information given (pitch, yaw, etc.) for a preset's position to help the user know what the preset is without clicking Go to see in live view what the preset is set to.
7.2 There is no label box area for you to label the preset for identification.
7.3 The tours have no label box for you to label the tours according to what they are for.
7.4 There is no ability to set a wait time for a preset (time before moving to next preset position).
7.5 When tour is running, there is ZERO feedback in the app to tell you what preset it is currently at, the wait time of the current preset, etc.
8. Occasionally, or on certain drop-down boxes in the apps, the dropdown box position glitches when you click it and suddenly appears in a different part of the app window (mostly a vertical change).
9. The motion zones should allow for user defined custom colors and custom transparency.
10. The 'motion detected' zone color should be user changeable.
11. Anti-Dither has almost zero obvious documentation about what it does and needs to be clearly identified that it refers to how many seconds of inactivity (from motion, or other alarm inputs) must elapse before the active alarm trigger is reset and can be triggered again. Nobody should have to hunt around your forums for the answer to such a critical feature!!!
12. The Amcrest splash image on the Android (and probably iOS) app looks dated and detracts from feeling the app is a current piece of software.

In summary, I don't know if your software development team just sits around on their ass all day, but ALL of the above reasons are why I'm returning all of my cameras after trying them for a couple days. There is ZERO excuse for a company that does ONE thing, to do such a poor job of it!!! Your camera hardware works fine and P2P connectivity works fine, but the App software, while most of the features needed are there, has some glaring problems that should have been patched up and addressed months ago!!!

SO GET OFF YOUR ASS AMCREST AND FIX YOUR APPS.
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

A slow, golf-clap to DrunkSkeeterPilot! He does a better job of testing than anyone at Amcrest (if they actually employ testers). Amcrest, fire Adam Ravat and hire DrunkSkeeterPilot. You'll be a better company for it.
markcm

Post by markcm »

+1 Well said. I've been using Amcrest for a few years and its shocking how little development there is and to see the lack of support folks get.
The_Skippy

Post by The_Skippy »

+1
hjardine

Post by hjardine »

I’m having a lot of “inconsistencies” when logging into the ip address of my cameras on my MacBook/desktop. I am not able to remotely login to three of my exterior cameras despite entering the ip address and using my password. When I enter the ip address of two of my cameras, the page NEVER loads. The third one says “Failed to login the plugin”. How do I remedy this?

Also, I am STILL not able to view my cameras at all on my PC despite using internet explorer or firefox as instructed. I have installed the necessary plug-in repeatedly and as an administrator but no luck. I have spoken with tech support over the phone and it still doesn’t work.

Lastly, the app on the phone is awful. I have tried to replay a “set time” that I wanted to review and it never lets me scroll/rewind back to a certain time.

I have had nothing but problems utilizing your web-based program or the app. The cameras a decent but the software needed is VERY FRUSTRATING.
hjardine

Post by hjardine »

is there another alternative software we can use?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello hjardine,

On Mac, go to preferences on Safari and under the option 'Websites' ensure the Amcrest plugin (NPxx ) is enabled. You can also try the Surveillance Pro software.

https://support.amcrest.com//hc/en-us/c ... -Downloads
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

klbj1961

Post by klbj1961 »

I toally agree... Amcrest is pispore. They do a great sales job in getting you to buy their products, but come on... you cannot use Chrome or the new IE as the plugin doesn't work. They have been promising a fix to me for over 3 years...Amcrest - get your fucking shit together and provide support.... I plan to blast social media and all the customer reviews on amazon, and wherever I find them.
There firmware destroyed my NVR. Tech support finally said that they will replace it ... and then when I send in for a replacement... the replacement department that handles the RMA denies the claim even though I had in writing that they will replace my NVR... freekin crooks
joe12345

Post by joe12345 »

Melvin wrote:Hello hjardine,

On Mac, go to preferences on Safari and under the option 'Websites' ensure the Amcrest plugin (NPxx ) is enabled. You can also try the Surveillance Pro software.

https://support.amcrest.com//hc/en-us/c ... -Downloads
I just tried the Surveillance Pro software. It's nice, much better (and faster) than the web interface for configuring cameras. :)