IP camera lost to IP config software

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Bradbury

IP camera lost to IP config software

Post by Bradbury »

I have 3 different models of Amcrest camera. 2 of the 3 are attached to a POE switch and 1 is attached to my home router. My Netgear POE switch is connected to my Linksys home router. My Linksys home router is then connected to my ATTuverse modem that goes to my ISP.

*Somehow I had all 3 cameras showing as designed to the IP config program when I first added the cameras. I was also able to see all 3 on a IP Camera Viewer program. All was well. > Somewhere along the line of the process now I can only see all 3 on the IP Camera Viewer program but ONLY see the 1 camera which is directly attached to the home router on the Amcrest IP Config software.

Thus far my attempts to restart devices and reconnect cables cannot get any more than the 1 camera to show on my PC with Amcrest IP Config software :-(

Interesting though that my Amcrest Cloud phone app shows all camera images, as well the Amcrest Cloud.

Please help me fix this anybody?

Thanks.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IP camera lost to IP config software

Post by Melvin »

Hello Bradbury ,

Please go to the IP Config tool and switch the IP address it is searching.

It is resolved it by correcting the Start IP address (see graphic). Apparently the Windows 10 update changed this value which prevented the tool from finding any devices. Once the correct value is entered in the tool found both of my cameras.
Please input the IP address of your default gateway (router IP) where it says “Start IP”. Then press OK.
If it does not refresh, please press the refresh button and should populate the cameras.

If this is still not working, you can login to your home router and check the list of connected devices. It should be listing the ip address of all your devices connected.
Attachments
ipconfig.PNG
ipconfig.PNG (110.16 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us