IP5M-T1277EW-AI - LED on all the time at night!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jeffpajor

IP5M-T1277EW-AI - LED on all the time at night!

Post by jeffpajor »

Hi all,

Just installed 10 of these at a house. First major issue is that at night, the LED light always seems to be on. No matter what setting I make it, the IR doesn't seem to be on and the LED is up and bright. These are supposed to have IR and then once motion is detected throw on the white LED I thought, that's why I bought them.

Have two them all, no change.
Messed with profile settings (day, day/night, schedule), no change.
They're all doing it, not just one.
No later firmware.
Messed with smart IR mode, smart illumination, etc, no change. I can manually turn the led light down, but customer really just wants it off until motion.
Called support, weren't very helpful.

Feels more like a bug to me, these appear to be a brand new model. Even defaulted to factory they are doing the same thing.

Any thoughts or direction?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-T1277EW-AI - LED on all the time at night!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry don't have the camera and to be honest looking at the manual it looks little strange.

As I see it, setting up from online manual page 14 and 15, 14 says day/night setup with drop down fill light with light type smart illumination normal setting 60 seconds with 30 to 300 second options. Page 15, under light settings choose option, choose fill light setting Smart Illumination.

Here is where I think the issue is, you might have camera setup for Normal and making adjustments to night.

What I would do? Under day/night make sure what ever option I have it set on (normal) is the option you're working with in the lighting menu under (normal)

Need to see pictures of your lighting area in menu for better help
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

Here are some screenshots of how it's currently set....
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien.jpg
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien.jpg (17.27 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien1.jpg
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien1.jpg (17.67 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien2.jpg
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien2.jpg (17.46 KiB) Viewed 649 times
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

Here are some screenshots of how it's currently set....
The attachment Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien1.jpg is no longer available
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien3.jpg
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien3.jpg (15.25 KiB) Viewed 649 times
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien3.jpg
Camera Settings - Barn [Front] - DW Spectrum Clien3.jpg (15.25 KiB) Viewed 649 times
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

Under Day & Night -> Night -> Also set to Auto, Middle, and 6 Seconds....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

For your Fill light that needs to be Set to Smart Illumination as I was saying in my post.

For that will do as I thought you were asking about. Being setup in IR at night with Light coming on when motion is detected?

Smart Illumination: Allows the camera to switch on the IR LEDs for B&W night vision, however, once
motion is detected, the white light LED will Illuminate as an active deterrent. The flash delay will be
default to 60 seconds, however, can be adjusted between 30 and 300 seconds.

Sorry if I mis-understood what you were asking for?
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

I was saying that I had tried that and no workie.... so I reset everything and am at default now with these settings.

Do under Light Settings -> Go to Night -> then smart illumination?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also because you have it setup for Full time Day. There is no need to mess with Night time settings unless there is an issue where the system is picking that by design. Meaning you are using an NVR or other Recorder that messes with Image info that is apart from the normal built in settings of the camera.
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

OK, so under Day, set it to Smart Illumination and leave Night alone, right, that's what I thought.

Using DW, but that shouldn't change anything with the LED light, there's no control for that....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I personally don't know DW so I can't answer if there is a 3rd party issue. My guess is that it could be broke by 3rd party connection. I would test with the camera setup and not use any 3rd party hardware or software

Here is an Idea. This is only an Idea and upto you if you want to do it..

A Camera any camera even if in an Empty room. Setup a user with admin rights Revo2Maxx and make the Password Admin4James and if you setup one of the 10 cameras like that I can log in with ASP and take a look at your Camera. IF that will work for you, Setup the camera taking note of the SN. Then in a Reply to this thread because right now you don't have the ability to send messages in DM's by Forum rules. Once you Reply Ok Done, I will send you a DM (Private message) with my Phone number and you can Text me the Serial Number of the camera and I can take a look. Once the testing is over you remove the Revo2Maxx account and I no longer have access to your camera..

Just an idea.
Be Safe