Caution about installing mini PTZ

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Caution about installing mini PTZ

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In your case it will be easy to find.

Open the camera and trace the Red and Black wires from the cable bundle into the camera PCB. There you will see the area where the power connects, the Diode close to that voltage input on the PCB will be the one that is bad. Removing that diode the camera will turn on however keep in mind that you will want to replace it if there is a fault in your system power because there is no reason a camera should have died after such a short time.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I already had this pulled out and discovered a few diodes I could test with my large test probes. They were all open. I squeezed them into a couple tighter areas and got mixed results with a couple of the smaller ones -- like over 1.0v on one -- maybe on the hot side of a cap?

So does this look like anything you're familiar with? Sure would be nice if you had one in a box in your garage or basement! LOL
Attachments
Dahua PB Bottom.jpg
Dahua PB Bottom.jpg (227.34 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Dahua PB Top.jpg
Dahua PB Top.jpg (214.88 KiB) Viewed 207 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess the the first one right after the fuse. Remove it with soldering tweezer or use 2 soldering irons if you don't have any. Then test others. When 1 is bad to ground it can make others look bad if you don't have in circuit test equipment. Once the bad one is found and removed testing others should show correct values.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

How ever there could be other issues as well. If the protection diode is removed and short to ground is still there it will require board level testing and when comes to cameras it could be better to just replace. With yours being zoom could be better to repair.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I removed my last post, I remembered that the dome camera you were working with was CVI or 4in1 anyway and the picture of the one while it does have some of the same type protection was of a IP camera. So I removed it as I don't want to make things more complex then it is already. Just keep in mind that some of the components that don't show the right values could be just showing in Circuit values and best to have a in circuit tester or remove at least one side of the component to test out of circuit.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well the parts came in today for my Mini PTZ. I took down my 846EB for now. Normally this camera is in a better lit area. I forgot the LEDS on it stinks lol.. I mean my old POS outdoor Foscam has better IR and that is behind the dome of the little mini PTZ camera. It is just so slow that I don't use it much only keep for a back up. Anyway this little PTZ has 3 IR on the front, right and left of the case, connected it and forgot that it was normally working in Color at night so I had to change over to Day/Night and one of the cool things about this camera was ability to use Preset for some adjustments. It is AI and won't work with my Amcrest or Dahua AI NVR's so I had to install a new Micro SD slot for a card as the old one is what caused the damage. Normally the Amcrest 846 has built in Mic so I have this connected to a Hikvision Mic seeing it isn't built in, does have audio in and out so that works. They call it a 4mp however to me it really is a 3mp because the video size is under 4mp.

Glad I bought 2 chips. 12USD each I am not sure what happened but the first one I installed failed on boot after installing everything back lol What a pain I had to take it all out again. Hardest part was the camera body mount has to be pulled off the base with a bearing puller. The camera did the dance and just as it was getting to the point it would normally come online; Greeted with some Magic Smoke poof..

So the chip is a 36 pin QFN with center pad. The pad was soldered to the PCB as the data sheet calls for. The second one installed and was much easier to pull it seeing used normal 63/37 solder where it was connected before with lead free. Use SRA T5 solder paste and hot air station.
Screenshot (4257).png
Screenshot (4257).png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 186 times
Screenshot (4258).png
Screenshot (4258).png (62.52 KiB) Viewed 185 times
Be Safe