3rd-party cam compatibility

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
FinickyBob

3rd-party cam compatibility

Post by FinickyBob »

Hi!

I have the NV1104E NVR and under Main Menu > Setting > Camera > Remote, there is a drop-down list of 3rd-party camera brands. So, my question is: If I get one of these listed brands, will it work seamlessly with this NVR? Meaning, will motion-detection recording work just like with any other Amcrest cam?

I'm asking this question because I know that some NVR brands out there, especially Hikvision and Dahua, would not recommend 3rd-party cameras for their NVRs particularly for motion-detection recordings...because it will simply not work. They say regular recording is ok just not with MD.

Anyone here have any experience with this? I need insights/comments. Thanks in advance.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: 3rd-party cam compatibility

Post by Melvin »

Hello FinickyBob ,

Those third party cameras have only limited compatibility and we do not recommend using them with the Amcrest NVR. Some of them might not record motion detection while some others might not work properly at all.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

FinickyBob

Post by FinickyBob »

Thanks for the timely response.

If you don't recommend using those 3rd-party brands with the Amcrest NVR, then please expand your product line. Like for example, a fisheye 180/360-degree FOV camera or something else, so we don't have to settle for other brands.
gatorheel

Post by gatorheel »

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I don't see a resolution here, in any other thread, or really anywhere else on the internet. I'm in the same boat, using a 3rd party camera since Amcrest/QCAM do not make a wide-angle turret which I need in one of my locations. I got a Dahua 4431 which I am trying to connect to my NV3108E. I can see the camera via its web console and via ONVIF Device Manager, but I'm unable to get the NVR to see it. I did set the camera IP to be static and entered an unused IP in the same subset as the NVR was assigning to the QCAM cameras. No luck auto-detecting it.

I then attempted to add it manually, but I've tried every permutation of ports, protocols, and credentials without success. I've read all of the documentation (practically none), the knowledgebase (also practically none), and I'm not sure what else I can do. Is there any more guidance Amcrest can provide?

Here's a little more detail about what I've tried so far and the confusing/conflicting information I'm seeing:

The NVR was assigning IPs in the subnet 172.16.25.0 so I manually set the Dahua cam to static and assigned the next IP in sequence. On the cam I also created an account in the admin group and gave it a short (6 char) password. I also disabled ONVIF authentication (cams are connected to the NVR ports so I believe they're not exposed even to my LAN).

Network settings on the cam are now:
  • IP Type: Static (172.16.25.6)
  • Mask: 255.255.255.0
  • Gateway: 172.16.25.1 (pinged this IP and got response but can't verify)
Cam defaulted to the following ports which I haven't changed:
  • TCP: 37777
  • UDP: 37778
  • HTTP: 80
  • RTSP: 554
  • HTTPS: 443 (but not enabled)
One other thing I am seeing that that confuses me is that if I look at the NVR camera config page, all of the QCAM autoconfigured cameras show port 9000. If I look at the web console for the QCAM cameras they show:
  • IP Type: DHCP
  • Mask: 255.255.0.0 (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
  • Gateway: 0.0.0.0 (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
  • HTTP: 80
  • Media Port: 9000
  • RTSP: 554
Which seems to indicate that the QCAM is expecting me to provide the Media Port (whatever that is, maybe TCP?) instead of the HTTP port during manual configuration. Lastly, if I look at ONVIF Device Manager:
  • Identification -> URI: 172.16.25.x:8000 (example: http://172.16.25.4:8000/onvif/device_service)
  • Live Video -> URI: 172.16.25.x:554 (example: rtsp://172.16.25.4:554/h264Preview_01_main)
  • Network Settings -> IP Type: Static
  • Network Settings -> Mask: 255.255.255.0
  • Network Settings -> Default Gateway: 8N (yes, that's really what it's reporting)
So now port 8000 is in the mix too, plus the mask is back to a typical setting (yet completely conflicting with what the camera web console reports)....!

Any help would be very much appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of and am totally stuck.
gatorheel

Post by gatorheel »

Sorry, just to add one more thing: I can view/control the Dahua camera fully using the Amcrest IP Config tool. So the plug-and-play issue seems to sit squarely with the QCAM NVR. Hopefully I can figure out how to manually configure it, though, so I can get this area monitored properly.
tiogaco

Post by tiogaco »

Any update on this folks? I'm trying to use an Axis 216DF with my Amcrest 1104 NVR. I can get the camera to detect and link in the NVR settings but I never get any video.
t84a

Post by t84a »

My guess is that Amcrest is rebranded Dahua. I've gotten Amcrest cameras to work on Q-See NVRs (Dahua). I'm not familiar with Axis but a blank screen without errors usually means a resolution conflict. Can you access the cameras settings from the NVR?
Shawman

Post by Shawman »

I managed to get my Axis M3406 connected to my Amcrest Amcrest NV2108-HS by using the customized setting and used the URL below along with the admin/root/Onvif username and password. IDK which combo finally worked, but I got nowhere until I used the URL.
rtsp://[IP]/axis-media/media.amp
CameraGuy007

Post by CameraGuy007 »

Would you mind sharing a little more of where to find these settings to modify? I am trying to get 4 (LaView) cameras to work that are not Amcrest cameras.