AD110 Doorbell Events to Home Assistant

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Capture1766

Re: AD110 Doorbell Events to Home Assistant

Post by Capture1766 »

@eliamcrest - is there any chance of me getting the older firmware to restore functionality? I raised a support ticket (468474) but haven't heard back yet.

It would be good to hear whether this was deliberate or a mistake with the latest firmware too.
Capture1766

Post by Capture1766 »

tlundste wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:24 pm Eli came through with the version in between the two versions mentioned above... so, one version back from current, if I understood him... 20210712.
That version works with Home Assistant (but the no exterior light, no IR light image quality is back to being as bad as it was on 210422. I'm seeing if I can get access to two or three versions prior to 210422, to see if it all works on that. Maybe one of those is what I was using prior to 210422.

Thank you, @eliamcrest !
@tlundste is this something you can share with me? I'm in the same boat as you and would love to regain access to the events from Amcrest for my home assistant setup.
Capture1766

Post by Capture1766 »

SOLVED: Though other means, I found an old firmware (1.000.00AC008.0.R.20210422) and following this guide to downgrade it on the AD110 device: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ool-ASH26-

The error has now gone and I appear to have functionality back in Home Assistant.

Next time I will avoid upgrading the firmware so quickly :)
photo64

Post by photo64 »

Hi,

Where did you get the prior firmware? I also requested it but still haven't seen a reply. I was able to download and install the IP Config tool, I just need the prior firmware to complete the update.

Thanks
Capture1766 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:29 am
tlundste wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:24 pm Eli came through with the version in between the two versions mentioned above... so, one version back from current, if I understood him... 20210712.
That version works with Home Assistant (but the no exterior light, no IR light image quality is back to being as bad as it was on 210422. I'm seeing if I can get access to two or three versions prior to 210422, to see if it all works on that. Maybe one of those is what I was using prior to 210422.

Thank you, @eliamcrest !
idiocracy

Post by idiocracy »

Yes, I too would like for my AD110 to function properly with Home Assistant.
The latest firmware (EN_N_V1.000.00AC008.2.R.20220907 )does not work with Home Assistant.
I searched for the older firmware in: https://amcrest.com/firmware/ but the AD110 is not in the product list.

Do I need to open a support ticket to obtain the older firmware (1.000.00AC008.0.R.20210422)?
Is the API still functional using a more recent older version of the firmware?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

idiocracy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:38 pm Yes, I too would like for my AD110 to function properly with Home Assistant.
The latest firmware (EN_N_V1.000.00AC008.2.R.20220907 )does not work with Home Assistant.
I searched for the older firmware in: https://amcrest.com/firmware/ but the AD110 is not in the product list.

Do I need to open a support ticket to obtain the older firmware (1.000.00AC008.0.R.20210422)?
Is the API still functional using a more recent older version of the firmware?
Yes, you should contact Amcrest Support to request a previous version. Any prior version to this latest one should work with HA.

Contacting support will also serve notice that they have screwed up the more people open cases to request it. Just finding it from someone else doesn't get that message across.

BTW - The API is apparently still functional with this update, but something they did broke events. I sure hope it wasn't intentional.
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

Hello everyone,

I'm here to provide an update regarding the API; the dev team has been notified of the issue, and they are working on a fix. This is confirmed to be a bug, R&D is not making any plans to disable the API.

Apologies for the delay in me getting back to you guys; I was out sick for over a week and that made it difficult for me to keep up with communication.
cap60552

Post by cap60552 »

I got my firmware downgrade after messaging support. Everything is back to normal for me, motion detection / home assistant integration is once again working.

Thank you support. I look forward to the next upgrade where the bug introduced in this upgrade is fixed.
eliamcrest

Post by eliamcrest »

Hello everyone,

Apologies I haven't been too active lately, been a hectic few weeks for me!

In any case, I have just been provided with a new firmware version for testing that reportedly fixes the API issues.

I can provide this firmware to those who ask via a ticket, but as this is a test version, there may be bugs we haven't found and you would be using the firmware at your own risk. It seems as thought the change needed to fix the issue was fairly minor at least, and it seems stable in my own brief testing.

I will only distribute this firmware via support tickets so that I can easily keep track of who I provide it to, and easily share any feedback with other members of the support team and our developers.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Thanks @eliamcrest for this update!

My AD110 was moved to a remote vacation cabin that I won't be traveling to anytime soon.

What I will do though is post an update on the Home Assistant forum giving them this info.

P.S. Any further word on the AD410 update or perhaps an early draft of the release notes as to what was improved or fixed?