No longer works with Chrome

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: No longer works with Chrome

Post by Melvin »

Hello darrylp ,

We apologize for the inconvenience. On Mac book safari is the best option for monitoring the NVR and cameras. You can also try installing the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software for Mac.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

markplewis

Post by markplewis »

Melvin, Amcrest has left Chromebook users with cameras that are virtually useless. This makes no sense as the Chrome OS is the fastest selling OS in the U.S.

Are there ANY plans to support the Chrome browser running on the Chrome OS in the near future?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello markplewis ,

It will definitely be an option in future but as of now we do not have any time frame for a Chrome OS compatible app. Apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jfriend00

Post by jfriend00 »

Like many others here, I've been unable to use the Amcrest web interface from the Chrome browser on Windows 10 (never successfully installs the required plugin). I just purchased an Amcrest 8 camera system and I am trying to decide whether to return it or not. Please tells us when you will properly support the Chrome browser.
coryulrich

Post by coryulrich »

Melvin wrote:Hello markplewis ,

It will definitely be an option in future but as of now we do not have any time frame for a Chrome OS compatible app. Apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Apologize to my wallet for buying this crap. If you can't make it work with a web browser then don't advertise it as having a working plugin.
maxbraketorque

Post by maxbraketorque »

I also vote for Chrome support. It has become my preferred browser, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible to provide live video feed.
lividsquirrel

Post by lividsquirrel »

Here we are, December, over a year after this thread was opened. I'm unable to use any browser on any machine that's not too old to use for anything other than camera viewing and management. Good cameras + horrible software support = horrible cameras.

What's the fix, Amcrest?
mikey101

Post by mikey101 »

Doesn't work like Firefox. Shouldn't have to ask to "Launch App" every time you try to use the camera with Chrome. And when it does launch the browser you have to type in the IP address for the camera. That needs to be addressed. The plug-in should only need to be downloaded and installed once.
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

Melvin, Given it's been over a year since you stated Chrome support was coming, I have to assume you've abandoned that work and it's no longer something you're actively working towards. If that's the case, could you explicitly state that? Thank you.
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

Melvin, could you or someone at Amcrest respond to my question? Thank you.